Has anyone played Bay Hill?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
On this historic final day of home schooling I don’t want to end the week on a negative but Bay Hill doesn’t really grab me in any sense. Not sure it would be in my top 20 of PGA Tour pit stops

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not played it but I did go to have a look when on holiday in Orlando.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I havnt played it but have walked the course.
We walked around with Garcia and Westwood in the invitational couple of years ago.
I do remember thinking it was nothing special.
Water was the main problem.
Fabulous condition but it just looked a bit bland imo.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
From what I see on telly, there are better, more visually stimulating courses in Florida. Have played loads around Bradenton.

D

Deleted member 18588

Not played it but I did go to have a look when on holiday in Orlando.
Likewise.

This was 2009 and I was secretly hoping to get a glimpse of Arnie. Although he was there at the time I'm afraid that he didn't come out to meet me.?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Does throw up good winners/leaderboards but that aerial shot of the two holes round that enormous lake is horrific

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep. Stayed there for a few days about 7 years ago and played a couple of rounds there. Had the pleasure of talking to the great man as he would eat his evening meal in the bar each night and would willingly sign anything I put in front of him. The course itself wasn't that special but I thoroughly enjoyed both rounds due to the company I was paired with. The first group included a guy who was playing a round with Bubba the next day.

D

Deleted member 18588

Mr Palmer to you.

;)

I get what you mean but just don't know who or when this obsequious method of referring to him started.

Having read his autobiography and several other books on him I think that he wouldn't have been happy to have people fawning in that way.

One thing was clear he regarded the fans as both important and his equal, always taking time to sign autographs (legible!) and to talk to fans as well as the media.

I can only imagine that this phoney reverence has been an invention on the part of the American media.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You can't blame Mr Pol-Mur for the press calling him that. Strange though that his biggest rival is just known as Jack.