Hardest shot in golf

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Surprised nobody else has said tee shots with the driver!

I also want to say that I hate shots into the wind as I hit the ball sky high and shots with the ball below my feet.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe it is taken as a given, too obvious. The fun is finding out the less obvious shots that people find difficult.

Surely driver is one of, if not the, easiest shot!? Tee it up and you have a frying pan on the end of a stick to hit it with. Margin for error is, relatively, massive.

I'd say a wedge shot (80 yards or less) on a baked links downhill lie, downwind to a rock hard green with a bunker to carry.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely driver is one of, if not the, easiest shot!? Tee it up and you have a frying pan on the end of a stick to hit it with. Margin for error is, relatively, massive.

I'd say a wedge shot (80 yards or less) on a baked links downhill lie, downwind to a rock hard green with a bunker to carry.

Left after you tried to drive the green :rofl:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The long bunker shot. I am always amazed how well the tour pros can play this shot. I always seem to either thin the ball right over the green, or hit it fat and only move it a few yards forward! :(

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A wedge from off the pros till with one foot trying to avoid the shelf of KitKats and the other delicately placed on top of the ladies clearance rail of the gaudiest clothes they couldn't shift - not sure if I was OOB!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised nobody else has said tee shots with the driver!

Maybe it is taken as a given, too obvious. The fun is finding out the less obvious shots that people find difficult.

Maybe 30 years ago when they were made of wood, set 2 degrees open, had 8 degrees of loft, steel shafts and heads the size of a modern fairway! :(

Tell that to the youngsters today and they wouldn't believe you! ;)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't fear any shot fear shot. Some are harder than others but you can make the really hard ones easier by adjusting your expectation.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hate shots from the fairway about 170 yards to the pin with a small lake in front of the green covering about 20 yards.

Every single time I go in that bloody lake!!!

In which case surely you play the previous shot to leave either 220 or 140yards? :)

For me it's a pitch needing to go 30 yards over a bunker. I can play it two ways - either a vigorous horizontal thin which fizzes into next week, or a gentle 28yd flop.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
MUD BALL, MUD BALL, MUD BALL

hate them with a passion, never know which way they will fly and ends up costing me a shot. They should change the rules to allow you to clean the ball.

LUFC 1972

Head Pro
Visit site
I struggle with other players who might have hit errant tee shots and are playing from where if I hit the worst possible, hook or slice I could hit them normally where fairways run parallel, I get so focused on them I normally go miles the opposite way. The answer is too wait but often not possible, the thought of playing with spectators watching fills me with dread.

If none of the above applies shots of 180-200 yards into greens really hit or miss..

Off to book an appointment with a psychologist now !!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Maybe 30 years ago when they were made of wood, set 2 degrees open, had 8 degrees of loft, steel shafts and heads the size of a modern fairway! :(

Tell that to the youngsters today and they wouldn't believe you! ;)
I personally find my TM R1 driver easier to hit off the tee than my 3-wood. I only use the latter or a hybrid if there there is some distance limiting factor on a given hole, such as a bunker, water hazard or trees/bushes.

P.S. I am old enough to remember tiny headed wooden drivers with 43" steel shafts. They were an entirely different kettle of fish! :mmm:

Last edited: