Hardest shot in golf

Svenska

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any hole that requires a cut, I simply cannot do it with long clubs. There's a par 5 that is tree lined by the tee and it's nigh on impossible for me to use enough club from the tee without careering in to the trees right as my natural shape is a hefty draw 6/10. The other 4/10 is a straight ball with a touch of draw but there's no way of guaranteeing that when I step on that tee. I have been known to take a 5 iron and just bunt one down and carry on from there, bloody nightmare.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shots like this:

https://vine.co/v/Opwd5Zw9Fmm

They're impossible. At least with shots over water you have a chance, or can lay up, what's your option here? Unless you get incredibly fortunate and pull it off, which for someone of my limited ability is never going to happen, you're having another in the bunker.

This is the shot I was thinking and sometimes it's even steeper than that!!! actually got me thinking- in competitions this year I think there may be merit in going sideways or back into play instead of mucking up and being 3 out the bunker

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is the shot I was thinking and sometimes it's even steeper than that!!! actually got me thinking- in competitions this year I think there may be merit in going sideways or back into play instead of mucking up and being 3 out the bunker

That is the thing to do. You don't be in that position too many times. It'd like being behind a tree. Get it back in play. Preferably off grass.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can I add more than one? Hitting the ball above my feet, particularly if it ideally needs to go a long way. I play on an undulating course and often have to do this. Never cracked it yet. I follow what the coaches in the magazine tell me but it can still go left, right and very occasionally straight. I hate that shot.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The first tee shot with a new group and you proceed to do an almost air shot, nobble the ball off the tee peg to much of your new PP's laughter. Get given a mulligan and proceed to par the hole....

robert.redmile

Assistant Pro
Visit site
that's a really easy question.

the chip out sidewards, when there is the opportunity to play a 60 yard cut, 170 yards across water, that you know would be amazing if you made it (but never do, therefore you have to grit your teeth and play the sidewards chip with all your mates taking the mick....)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shots like this:

https://vine.co/v/Opwd5Zw9Fmm

They're impossible. At least with shots over water you have a chance, or can lay up, what's your option here? Unless you get incredibly fortunate and pull it off, which for someone of my limited ability is never going to happen, you're having another in the bunker.

Stabbing the ball with a 7 iron doesn't look right from comfort of my armchair! :D For me...sand wedge, square face, hit a bit down, drive hands forward through the ball... ;)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Two answers

Long carries can beat me up too often

2nd answer is

Any shot that you need to hole for a single point (outside of tap ins obviously)

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
most feared would probably be an easy wide open first fairway in front of a large group of interested spectators !

A mate of mine played St Andrews stood waiting on the first tee with a gathering crowd behind him said it was incredible how that fairway narrowed the nearer he got to the tee!

My answer - The second 2 foot putt!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The first tee shot with a new group and you proceed to do an almost air shot, nobble the ball off the tee peg to much of your new PP's laughter. Get given a mulligan and proceed to par the hole....

haha, cant believe how much stick I got for giving you that mulligan :rofl: