Handicap renewal?

Dino39

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Guys, just wondered......I got my 1st Handicap just under a year ago and wondered if it runs out if I don't play competitions or with someone who has a handicap.

I wanted to know as going abroad soon and wanted to play some courses which will probably need handicap proof and with my luck it'll be invalid.

Could someone explain?

Cheers Dino

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You need to submit 3 qualifying cards per year to keep your handicap "active". They can be competitions or supplementary cards declared and marked for you.

If you don't then your handicap becomes "inactive" and you'd be required to submit 3 cards to reactivate it.

Hope that helps. I'm sure if you have a certificate that is fairly recent that should suffice for your trip.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Handicaps don't "run out". What will happen is that the handicap becomes "inactive" if the player does not play 3 qualifying competitions (includes submission of supplementaries) in the calendar year.

If your initial handicap was awarded after 1st January 2012, it will remain "active" until the first anniversary of the award. To remain "active" in 2014 you would need 3 qualifiers by the end of 2013.

If your first award was in late 2011 and you did not play 3 qualifiers in 2012, your handicap is "inactive".

You still have a handicap even if it is "inactive". It means that your club can, amongst other things, debar you from winning prize money until you become "active".