Ex-Demo Clubs - Worth It?

tommo_loves_golf

Visit site
Hi all,

I have been playing with a used Spalding set and have started to get decent over the last 18 months - managed to hit a 18 handicap at my local course which was great. Unfortunately I've broken the driver and as it's well used and with its age, there's no hope of warranty. I do have a local shop that do some ex-demo clubs like Callaway Paradym. Are these realistically going to be worth it for someone at my level? It is a bit of a splurge, or would I just be better reinvesting in a whole new set. I wanted some advice before going in and coming out several hundred quid lighter. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

These are the drivers I'm looking at: https://www.moresports.com/collections/ex-demo-second-hand-clubs

FYI The Spalding set is about 3 years old I think, though the guy I bought it from wasn't too sure.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Getting a fitting is never a bad thing, most drivers tests days have similar tech, getting the correct shaft will be key, ex demo like used will normally be ok, I wouldn't just buy what you like cos you like it have a play around with some and get some help from a pro

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Looking at the selection I'd stay away from anything with ◇◇◇ on it.........
Rogue ST Max might be a good place to start or the equivalent Stealth..

tommo_loves_golf

Visit site
I hear you! :) I'll maybe check in with the club pro and see what he thinks. Is there anything at all in maybe upgrading the whole set or should I just replacing the driver?

Total Golf Pro

Banned
Visit site
Wouldn't have any issues with Ex Demo. If you know you can dedicate time this year to playing and get the value from a new (2nd hand set) would be key. Can't see the condition of the Spalding but I would probably try a few drivers out and stick with the clubs for few months if their condition is ok.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Lots of outlets sell ex-demo clubs as the frequency of new releases gets shorter. As others have said, try to get fitted into something that works for you and then go look. I many cases the ex-demo clubs are almost brand new and good value.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My M4 was ex demo - great way to buy top quality clubs at reduced prices.
Where I play the pro is clearing out all of the older models as well e.g Stealth down to £249