Greenkeepers

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

In light of tonights statement from the PM and followed up by England Golf, if anybody comes across any official notices or announcements on the procedures/rules/decisions on Greenkeepers working or not, can you please link them on here.

Not looking for arguments over essential, non-essential etc, just facts.

Thanks in advance

RangeMonkey

Visit site
The initial “infographic” on the government website said that only key workers can leave the house for work.

That has been updated now to say that you can leave the house for work - but work from home if possible.

This should mean that greenskeepers can (at the moment) still work.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The initial “infographic” on the government website said that only key workers can leave the house for work.

That has been updated now to say that you can leave the house for work - but work from home if possible.

This should mean that greenskeepers can (at the moment) still work.

it was always the case, some YTS in No10 fcuked up, that’s all.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon. Pure speculation that the courses will all close. The pins will be removed etc

The greens keepers will be out cutting the fairways etc just not as often .. once a week maybe just to keep the courses ticking over

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Email came out from England Golf last night stating that all courses must close. An email last night from ours stating it was closing, I understand the reasons but doesn't stop me feeling absolutely gutted. Day off work today as it was first individual comp of season.

edit: Just to rub it in we have blue skies, sunshine and very little wind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greenkeeping staff
England Golf guidance

In order to provide clarification for golf clubs following on from the Prime Minister’s statement of 23 March, we are able to inform you of the following:
  • For security and essential maintenance purposes, greenkeeping staff can still attend work.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
my good friend is a greeny. he said you can pretty much leave the course no problem but greens need attention at least every 4 days at this time of year

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get reminded of The Move- "I can hear the grass grow"

Funny thing the guys and I that played yesterday were having just this conversation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Decent weather, no golfers, green staff working.... blimey, by this time next week the course will be in great shape. (and doing to waste!)
They tined and top dressed our greens yesterday. With no one on the course, they will have the greens running like Augusta this summer (okay maybe not).

It will also give the whole course a chance to fully dry and recover after all of the rain it has taken these last few weeks and months.

We have to look on the bright side, don't we :D

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Imagine how a course could look like when they have 3 weeks or more of uninterrupted care? Not expecting open venue standard, but the summer if we get one will look great.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting new bunkers at ours but with all the rain they were well behind schedule.
This will give the lads time they needed to complete the job.
Looking forward to seeing how well it looks as the ones they had finished looked really good.
Greens very bumpy though with footfall so will give them time to dry out and should be good .
Just need the ok from Boris and the scientists now.