Good Memorable Courses not in GM Top 200 and under £40 normal visitor green fee, in UK

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Anyone got one to mention ?

And why is it memorable ?

Cant beat a cheap memorable course in my eyes, and will help to pass an evening away looking on golf websites:whistle:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not sure where it ranks but Spey Valley is prob the cheapest up here, £25. i would say one of DT's best designs

Also the Wee course at Blairgowrie, only a 9 hole but the best 9 hole i've ever played. TBH i enjoy that more that the two main courses

D

Deleted Member 1156

Meyrick Park in Bournemouth. Short, tight, very quirky and usually excellent greens.
Greenock, built on top of the hill with stunning views over the Clyde estuary.
Eden at St Andrews, some great holes especially on the front 9.
Burnside at Carnoustie has the best par 3's on the complex.
Corballis in Dublin. Not played it yet but on my hitlist, just looks like great fun all the way round.
Bognor Regis, real mix of very tough holes or easy birdie chances. Always enjoy playing there.

D

Deleted member 15344

Weston Super Mare - very much an underrated course

Northampton Harlestone- really good course in a lovely setting

Burford Golf Club - another really nice parkland

Studley Wood - great course with some tough holes , you can certainly see a lot of Red Kites about

Wellingborough- stately home for a club house and some really great holes

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Eden at St Andrews, some great holes especially on the front 9.

£55 peak season though. I like (most of) the Eden but think it's priced a bit high.

I'll chuck one of my clubs in, St Michaels in Leuchars, as the back 9 originally laid with Tom Morris' involvement is a little gem but you won't find it on any lists. Front 9 lets it down in comparison but is finally starting to mature. Often available for around £20 a round.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
£55 peak season though. I like (most of) the Eden but think it's priced a bit high.

I'll chuck one of my clubs in, St Michaels in Leuchars, as the back 9 originally laid with Tom Morris' involvement is a little gem but you won't find it on any lists. Front 9 lets it down in comparison but is finally starting to mature. Often available for around £20 a round.
should have kept it as a 9 hole, orig 9 are great

D

Deleted Member 1156

That's a bit more than I realised. I've only ever played it in the tournament so obviously great value but £55 is quite steep in Scotland ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Arcot Hall - home to rudebhouy

Gosforth GC, also known as The Broadway - relatively short but fun to play

Linden Hall, a lovely lay out that would be one of the best in northumberland if only the owners took more care of it.

Tyneside - smashing course, plenty of interesting holes

Quite a few others are less than £40 in reality, options on brs visitor booking, but the headline figure is above £40 so I have discounted them.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Under £40 makes it tough. [That rules out Burford I would imagine]

Belleisle and Troon Darley in South Ayrshire.
Kilspindie, North Berwick East and Gullane No 3 in East Lothian
Freshwater Bay and Ryde on the IOW.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great topic! ;) Our course isn't overly memorable, but under £40 last time I checked.
I'd disagree, it is a smashing course and a perfect fit for this thread. I thought it was more than £40 but I checked your website and you were bang on (y).

I'd also throw Richmond into the mix. It has a good few interesting holes and I have never come away without a smile on my face.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Great Yarmouth & Caister. Inside the racecourse, years since I've played it but always fun.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cardigan is well worth playing if you’re in the area. Stunning views and a great course. Think the green fee is £30 iirc.