Good Memorable Courses not in GM Top 200 and under £40 normal visitor green fee, in UK

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gotta time your travel in this area to avoid the traffic jams & looney driving during shift changes. Was certainly not something I anticipated in this part of the world. ??
You do NOT go over Corney Fell against The Sellafield Flow I.e going North around 4.30. Far better to go on the main road past Muncaster Castle and Ravensglass.

Preferable for me to go that way at any time o& the day and Corney Fell gets blocked in Wintrr

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You do NOT go over Corney Fell against The Sellafield Flow I.e going North around 4.30. Far better to go on the main road past Muncaster Castle and Ravensglass.

Preferable for me to go that way at any time o& the day and Corney Fell gets blocked in Wintrr
Yep.... was where I met the loonies. Heading N from me mates in Broughton for a round at Silloth. There was a bit of frost, but no snow. W Cumbria is one very strange place. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3432

Yep.... was where I met the loonies. Heading N from me mates in Broughton for a round at Silloth. There was a bit of frost, but no snow. W Cumbria is one very strange place. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shows how bad the main A595 is when almost everyone travels on the single track fell road. It only saves about 10 minutes but going the main road is death by a thousand corners and is dreadful although without the wacky races.

Your mate should have told you about the traffic you were travelling against, every single person who lives in Westand South Cumbria knows the score.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
On a golfing trip to Cumbria a few years ago we spent two nights in Workington. There's not enough space on this page or adjectives in the English language to describe how "interesting" those two nights were. Nor would my literary skills do the tale justice

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sea houses in Northumberland has some memorable holes indeed. Fortunately when I have played it’s never been windy.

When I saw the thread I came on to mention this. Holes 3-9(?) in the field are really poor but the back 9 is lots of fun- the par 3 over cliff edge is stunning. Cheap as chips. Nice wee town too- some cracking chip shops.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I saw the thread I came on to mention this. Holes 3-9(?) in the field are really poor but the back 9 is lots of fun- the par 3 over cliff edge is stunning. Cheap as chips. Nice wee town too- some cracking chip shops.

I played it again at the end of December for a tenner, greens were frozen solid, it was comedy golf at times but what a laugh. The two par 3s, is it 10 over the water then the one over the cliff? Holes I could play on every day, balls permitting ?

Reactions: Zig
D

Deleted member 3432

On a golfing trip to Cumbria a few years ago we spent two nights in Workington. There's not enough space on this page or adjectives in the English language to describe how "interesting" those two nights were. Nor would my literary skills do the tale justice

I live in Workington, it's not that bad, at least compared to the jam eaters down the road at Whitehaven....:ROFLMAO:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I live in Workington, it's not that bad, at least compared to the jam eaters down the road at Whitehaven....:ROFLMAO:
We stayed in the Washington central. If I told you that we spent a night in a pub across the road called The Well, would explain my post.

Another pub around the corner, one of the lads said where's your toilet mate. The barman indicated a door which he went through to find a kind of living room with the toilet door on the right and the bloke's granny sat watching tv on the left.

D

Deleted member 3432

We stayed in the Washington central. If I told you that we spent a night in a pub across the road called The Well, would explain my post.

Another pub around the corner, one of the lads said where's your toilet mate. The barman indicated a door which he went through to find a kind of living room with the toilet door on the right and the bloke's granny sat watching tv on the left.

My mate is the manager of the Washington, he is a very keen golfer. Played quite a bit a golf with him, not so much recently since I joined Silloth and we have skiied together a lot over the years.

Got hammered plenty of times in Well over the years. Spent plenty of time in all the local pubs but never met anyone's granny while going to the bog. Sure you didn't wander into someone's house?