Good Luck Rangers

D

Deleted member 15344

They are quite entitled to!

However, the sanctions and other disadvantages of doing so outweigh the benefits (combined with the benefits of not doing so), so they don't.

No different from any other Company in that regard!

@LPP. Slightly different from the Portsmouth (2) , Southampton and Leeds (and probably other) episodes in that those clubs went into Administration but, unlike Rangers, were not Liquidated. Hearts of Mid Lithuania is currently in Administration but hoping to avoid liquidation. How anyone sees 'The Rangers Football Club' in relation to 'Rangers Football Club' very probably depends on whether they were a Rangers supporter in the first place! I believe all the assets of Rangers were bought by the Newco.

I believe all those assets were indeed bought by the new company and the Football Club and its history were one of those assets so still exist

If the SFA see it as the same club and the SPL see it as the same club then it appears its the same club

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So all the assests disappeared when it went into liquidation ?

Im guessing this is a sore subject.

But does it really matter if the history carries on ?

So all the assests disappeared when it went into liquidation ? No, Rangers 1872-2012 won them

Im guessing this is a sore subject. No, comedy gold

But does it really matter if the history carries on ? Quite clearly to "The Rangers"

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe all those assets were indeed bought by the new company and the Football Club and its history were one of those assets so still exist

If the SFA see it as the same club and the SPL see it as the same club then it appears its the same club

No date on that quote from the SFA, but from the text, it was before the CVA was rejected (by HMRC), so is irrelevant to the present situation - and should not be quoted without qualification! It would, however, be relevant to Hearts.

The SFA certainly treated The Rangers as a new club - requiring them to start at the bottom!

D

Deleted member 15344

So all the assests disappeared when it went into liquidation ? No, Rangers 1872-2012 won them

Im guessing this is a sore subject. No, comedy gold

But does it really matter if the history carries on ? Quite clearly to "The Rangers"

Did Rangers FC disappear then ?

D

Deleted member 15344

No date on that quote from the SFA, but from the text, it was before the CVA was rejected (by HMRC), so is irrelevant to the present situation - and should not be quoted without qualification! It would, however, be relevant to Hearts.

The SFA certainly treated The Rangers as a new club - requiring them to start at the bottom!

Didnt they start at the bottom because of the wishes of the other clubs in the votes ?

I really cant see a problem with Rangers being the same Rangers as before - it appears the football Club disappeared as such just the companies behind it ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Didnt they start at the bottom because of the wishes of the other clubs in the votes ?

Rangers applied for admittance to the SPL. That was, indeed, how the decision was made (a rejection) - in accordance with the rules of the SFL/SPL.

The SFA had already assigned The Rangers to 3rd Division as a new club - in accordance with its rules.

Last edited:
C

c1973

The ECA , UEFA , FIFA and the SFA all recognise Rangers as being the same club with an intact history. All trophies (more than any other club worldwide as I understand) are historically intact and belong to the club playing today. :)

All opinions, beliefs and comments are (unfortunately to the holders of such) simply wrong, misguided and without basis in fact.

Yep, the holding company has changed, but still the same club.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I think that the important thing is the viewpoint of the fans and nothing else really matters

Same Ground, same players, same manager, same fans

Its the same club

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Well, almost - it has 'lost' a sizeable chunk of liability!

But the History was one of the assets.

And a minor, but perhaps significant, correction to my post 26.

The SFA had already assigned The Rangers to 3rd Division as it would a new club - in accordance with its rules.

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pretty sure celtic have been owned by Numerous companies. What happened to the celtic football & athletic club?

It doesn't matter how many times fans of other clubs state that rangers history doesn't continue. As like fiorentina in Italy fifa & UEFA recognise rangers as the same club.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ECA , UEFA , FIFA and the SFA all recognise Rangers as being the same club with an intact history. All trophies (more than any other club worldwide as I understand) are historically intact and belong to the club playing today. :)

All opinions, beliefs and comments are (unfortunately to the holders of such) simply wrong, misguided and without basis in fact.

Really? Why did they not play in Europe after administration/liquidation then? They came second in the league that year didn't they?

Last edited:
C

c1973

This. If my quote thingy has worked!

Doon, Rangers have always been the Rangers, to me and many others.

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

This is fact. Well said

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Really? Why did they not play in Europe after administration/liquidation then? They came second in the league that year didn't they?

During administration the club's accounts were not handed to UEFA on time. Resulting in suspension from competition.

C

c1973

Chris, they lost full member status and are affiliate members, still the same club.

It's a fact, Rangers are the same club with an intact history, nothing anyone says here or elsewhere changes that.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chris, they lost full member status and are affiliate members, still the same club.

It's a fact, Rangers are the same club with an intact history, nothing anyone says here or elsewhere changes that.

How did they lose membership status then if they are the same club?

C

c1973

Jdb, celtic changed holding companies a couple of times , Pacific shelf 595 was one I believe.