good and bad

def

Medal Winner
Visit site
is it true that we really only work on the good points in our game and not the bad.on the range yesterday and no one used anything that did not travel 500 hundred yds.

SuessGolf27

Visit site
In order to be a real golfer you have to work on the whole bag. The guy who is out on the range just driving it as far as he can is the same guy who will miss the green from inside 150 yards because he has no idea how to play a short iron.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Work on everything in a structured routine. Used to be a guy come down the range I use and he would get a 120 basket and hit nothing but his driver in an autonomous rhythm.

He never even bought a bag in, just a driver and that was it. Mad.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's Japanese golf isn't it? Three-tier range bays full of people crashing drivers because the vast majority of them will never see, let alone afford, a course.

It could be that guys de-stress routine - it ain't golf but if it works . . .

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tend to pick 3 or 4 clubs and spread my practice evenly. Normally take a wedge, low iron, mid iron and and a wood and rotate the clubs each time.

Am also making more of an effort on the course to play the shot I want to play rather than shot I know I can play so as I (hopefull) keep learning.

Mowgli

Hacker
Visit site
I tend to work on the weaker parts of my game which i have a few, Still trying to get the right feel for the chip and run i am either to short or to long.

I dont understand people who go down the range and just hit the driver makes no sense, we are not allowed to take bags on to our driving range so a couple of wedges and a few irons.

T

thecraw

I usually only take 4-5 clubs to the range and warm up with wedge,

then a few 8 irons,

maybe about 10-15 6 irons.

Then either a fairway wood or long iron, again 10-15 of these. About 5-10 drivers and finish off with a few pitches and punches with the pw and 8 iron again.

I like to try and get a swing groove going at the range and dont worry about the result.

Practice area i usually concentrate on alignment and distance.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
must say I don't understand that 'not allowed to take bags into the range' - you're going to nick range balls?

I can't say that I'm consistent in the way I practice, which is probably why that part at least carries onto the course.
I may take the bag and work through them all or I may take just the irons or driver, woods, hybrids etc.
I <u>think</u> my biggest fault is in getting the address consistent, hence tops and mats, but there is also the issue of 'over-hitting'.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always find hitting my driver 15 - 20 times at the range, at the start of my session lossens me up, then I will go through the rest of my bag. Normally wind down with a few easy wedge shots. :)

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Yeah I could never understand why you cant take you bag on the range, doesn't make sense, my semi ok clubs left unattended in their shop or me taking my bag and stealing £1.75 worth of balls which would equate to about 100 of the crap things.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I usually start with a wedge and work through the clubs towards the driver. I tend to work on my weakest points at the range, i.e 4,5,6 irons.

I am driving so bad at the moment i think i need to just take my driver to the range and concentrate on nothing else.

How many people swing 2 clubs together at the start to loosen them selves up? or what other ways do ppl do?
I find this really useful as when i put ione down , one club feels really light.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many people swing 2 clubs together at the start to loosen them selves up? or what other ways do ppl do?
I find this really useful as when i put ione down , one club feels really light.

I always warm up swinging a couple of irons together before and sometimes during the round.

I also have an old club that I have cast about a pound of lead around the head. I use this at home a few times a week for a few minutes just to strengthen the "swing muscles" and because of the weight the swing is automatically slowed down.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an iron bar with a grip on that I use to warm up. Was given it by the clubmaker who fitted my driver. Half a dozen swings with that, holding on the backswing and at the end of the followthrough, and I am ready to go.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can class it as a legitimate piece of sporting equipment given to me as a training aid by a professional.

Besides, would do less damage than my Ping UGLE putter which has often been likened to a Klingon death weapon.