Golftrip Northumberland/east Lothian

Wortelstamp

Visit site
I'm planning a trip for myself and 3 friends for september next year. We will be traveling by car and playing some decent links courses. Our handicaps are all around 20 so we're not looking for 200 pound greenfees. I just found teeofftimes.co.uk. Do you think I could book our fourballs through them? Or will september be very busy and is it better to book (a long time) in advance?

thanks,
Denis

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gullane #2 at £49 (or a 2 round day ticket doing #2 & #3) should be top of your list if you don't want to pay for the like of Muirfield, North Berwick or Gullane #1.

Get in touch with the clubs direct, see what they can off you. Have a look at Longniddry, Glen GC, Craigielaw, Kilspindie etc.. all top courses

Personally I'd knock Northumberland on the head and just head straight up to East Lothian. Better range of courses and less travelling about between rounds.

There's a few on here who live and play there who will be able to give you a better insight as well.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to agree with Duckster, just head to East Lothian. Plenty of courses to play.

How long are u going for? How many courses are you looking to play?

Gullane 2 and 3 are good choices, the glen good as well. You good mix in a top course like the west links at north Berwick or gullane 1. Gullane 2, and 3 and the glen take the two4one vouchers as well to keep the cost down.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Have a look on Goswick Golf Club they do a Championship deal for £135 to play Goswick Dunbar and The Roxburghe.

Or a Coastal Classic deal for £105 to play Goswick Bamburgh and Alnmouth Foxton.

All good courses but would recommend the Championship deal, Goswick & Dunbar Links will be in great condition and the Roxburghe hosts the Regional Qualifying for the European Tour around september.

Plenty good courses in East Lothian if you are happy to pay decent money.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Personally I'd knock Northumberland on the head
Or knock Scotland on the head & enjoy the superb courses in Northumberland! Seriously, there are some great courses to play. As a change from links they Foxton Hall, Alnmouth, on the limestone cliffs overlooking the North Sea. Good links courses are Dunstanburgh Castle, my favourite, & Bamburgh Castle. Another good non links course is the McDonald Linden Hall course, more challenging, not expensive & never very busy unless there's a golf day on.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Goswick Links is a brilliant track, the first is probably the worst hole on the course but from there on it becomes a great fun round of golf with a few tremendous holes. A course I had heard of but until I played it didn't know how good it was, sort of flies well under the radar.

Combine it with (if your prepared to drive between courses/accommodation) Southerness and Siloth, three top links courses. East Lothian is busier and more expensive.