Golf's Most Iconic Landmarks

• Thread starter Deleted member 27823
  • Start date

evemccc

Visit site
:rolleyes: Especially considering who the OP is.
I never got to the Jigger Inn, as The Dunvegan (that mentioned earlier) is closer and similarly notable. Though I remember watching The Masters on big screen in a bar overlooking 1st & 18th (perhaps the One Under or the Golf Inn). Certainly memorable, if not iconic.

I walked in the Dunvegan, but didn’t stop. It seemed totally geared up for Americans.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was closed the last two weekends I've been over there. Don't know if that's a seasonal thing, or refurb or what, just surprised when we thought we'd have a quick drink but it was all lights out.

It’s seasonal, for as long as I remember the owners have gone on holiday in January. New owners now though - probably carrying on with the idea in low season - but it was open again last weekend for the rugby.

Anyway. I want to disallow the Jigger Inn on principal. It’s about as false a public house as you can find. It’s just an extension of the hotel kitchen, often closed, full of hotel guests hogging tables and generally offers terrible bar service.

Dunvegan is the real deal though. You can always find a caddie celebrating a generous tip. Plenty of locals drink there as well, it’s not just a tourist hot spot.