Golfing milestones you would like to achieve?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
To win the club champs would be nice but i think that may be a dream now. I'll have to settle for the seniors instead when i am old enough in a couple of years.
I too doubt I'll be able to win our club champs - though I play every year with hope. I won the club scratch K/O at my previous club so I have that notch on my bedpost. As for the Club Champs I doubt I could win our Open scratch comp, but there is our Open handicap - and our trophy for that is fabulous - an 18" high solid silver model of a circa 17th century frigate - and winning that is clearly possible. And yes - maybe a seniors trophy.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd like to play all The Open venues but am not making very rapid progress.

I'd like to get par, birdie finish on The Old Course.

I'd like a hole in one, that I see drop and is as a result of a good shot. A scabby thin iron into a hole I can't see won't do it me. :D

As a young teenager playing with my father I holed a four iron for an eagle.
Thought I was the bees knees until he said, 'you caught that a bit thin, you were lucky'.
He was right of course, just a smigeon thin.:cry:
Not big on praise were my fathers golfing side of the family. :LOL:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As a young teenager playing with my father I holed a four iron for an eagle.
Thought I was the bees knees until he said, 'you caught that a bit thin, you were lucky'.
He was right of course, just a smigeon thin.:cry:
Not big on praise were my fathers golfing side of the family. :LOL:

As an add on David Howell once won Golf shot of the year when he and Paul Casey claimed a half point in the Ryder Cup.
That one, by his own admission. was a smigeon thin as well.:love:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Get into the mix at the scratch cup at my home course.
Winning it is very unlikely but I'd like to think there might be a year that I could string two rounds together and get amongst them.
Some inclement weather might help. Haha

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I too doubt I'll be able to win our club champs - though I play every year with hope. I won the club scratch K/O at my previous club so I have that notch on my bedpost. As for the Club Champs I doubt I could win our Open scratch comp, but there is our Open handicap - and our trophy for that is fabulous - an 18" high solid silver model of a circa 17th century frigate - and winning that is clearly possible. And yes - maybe a seniors trophy.
i won the scratch KO a couple of times and also lost in the final a few times. During my best golfing years we had a very good group of youngsters that were plus or scratch golfers. If you couldn't put two rounds together under par on the same day you had no chance of the club champs.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
I've never had back to back eagles, closest I've come is successive eagles on the same hole in back to back rounds.
I've just looked back on my scores, I've had 127 Eagles, but none back to back, but had 2 Eagles in a round 3 times, the closest being the 12th & 17th at Maylands

evemccc

Visit site
Goals that could be achieved:

Eagle
Single-Figure Handicap
Play all Open venues
Play Sunningdale Old and New
Play Swinley Forest
Play Walton Heath

Extremely unlikely goals

Scratch
Play a round under par
Albatross
Hole in One
Play Augusta
Play Cypress Point

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Get into the mix at the scratch cup at my home course.
Winning it is very unlikely but I'd like to think there might be a year that I could string two rounds together and get amongst them.
Some inclement weather might help. Haha
Yup - the worse the weather (preferably strong winds rather than a deluge) the more chance I have of being in the mix going into the second round of our Club Champs.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Get the height on my bunker shank that Justin Rose can get. It's impressive, but probably a shot only a pro could hit. I can only dream.

Mandofred

Visit site
Just want to lower the handicap a little bit more....our course is a bit long for me, so my short game is going to have to get better.