Golfing milestones you would like to achieve?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Boomy

Visit site
Different beast in summer conditions, fairways can become very narrow due to how far the ball can run downwind but great fun.

Really am looking forward to it :D Its the heather/rough I'm fearful of... I'm new back to golf after a 10 year break and my irons are a bit wayward (early days as it is) I'm getting some lessons to get going again, hopeful that will get me back up to speed quite quickly. I also need to get my cards in for a handicap! Its a dream come true being a member at Silloth.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come up to my place and play the Ashludie when there's a 35mph wind blowing from the West - 10th is 252 yard par four straight downwind and links so ball will run - you'll be able to drive the green if you hit it on the right line - not much luck in that.
No driveable par 4s at my club. The one hole that's maybe short enough is protected by a big ditch across the front of the green so not trying that. :p

D

Deleted member 1147

Now THAT would be some feat in a medal ?
I know a lad who’s done it at my place; par 5 followed by a 350yd par 4, on which he only had a 2ft putt.
I don’t hit it as far as I him however.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Break 80 at my course (done it once elsewhere)
Get a hole in 1
Get an eagle at my course (had one elsewhere)
Win the Club Challenge (ie the annual handicap matchplay knock out)
Win the damn "60 Not Out" trophy (am the only one of our 8 who hasn't won it yet, and the only one who's got a proper handicap)

Zig

Visit site
Twilight golf working my way round the Donegal coast on a long summer holiday, in a camper van, in a couple of years time when my little boy's big enough to play from yellow tees.

And to play Sunningdale, Walton Heath and RSG with our golfing gang before then.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Win the Club Championship for a second time...I always feel deep down that the first one was a fluke.

Love to get to low single figures...old Cat 1.

GuyInLyon

Visit site
Following on from the other milestones thread, which ones would you like to achieve?

I'd loved to play a round at one-over-par and I'd also love to have a hole-in-one.

Came within six inches of a hole-in-one about fifteen years ago (on a short par three) and the friend i was playing with was going insane watching it roll towards the hole.
If it had gone in he might well have had a heart attack as I'd been playing for two years and he'd been playing for twenty.
It was hilarious.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Amazing. Why did you have to say no and who would you have played with?

American Pro Miller Barber [11 times tour winner] and I was working at the Open in an job that was more important [seemingly]
I was frustrated but understood. Very mature for an 18 year old.:eek:
One of my golfing pals got the gig and scored a 76, better than the Pro if I recall correctly.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The driving a par 4 brings back an amusing memory. Playing a club match with the captain in the 4ball in front of me. He was bending down eyeing up his putt as my ball ran right between his legs.

He had always sworn he would never complain about anybody driving the green when he was on it and actually congratulate the person. He was true to his word.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
First milestone is single figures, I have set myself the challenge of doing that this season.

The two eagles in a row one earlier is interesting, our 9th and 10th are two relatively short par 5’s so whilst extremely difficult this could go on the list.....but still to have my first eagle so that will be the first aim.

Purely for the show off factor, I want to hole out with a wedge where it lands past the flag and spins back into the hole.

D

Deleted member 17920

Following on from the other milestones thread, which ones would you like to achieve?

2 for me, get a hole in one and play all of the GB&I top 100 courses.
Apart from getting my links ticket in a few years that is a milestone

For me it’s just the bucket list courses I want to play

In no particular order.

Loch Lomond
Ardfin
Gleneagles Kings and Queens
Lofoten links
Prestwick to complete my open course rota.

Had the hole in ones and these days I certainly don’t set myself any targets scoring wise as I completely play golf for fun.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You might want to Google the 1966 Open...
Your story has more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese ???
Oops not Miller Barber then, I was not 100% sure it was him.
It was a reasonably well known golfer who finished in last [or second last place after 3 rounds]. I think one of the other competitors withdrew with injury so a marker was required.
I can give you the name of the guy who played as a marker if that helps.;)

Last edited: