Golfing holidays - where to go?

timlongs

Visit site
Hi all, pretty new to this forum!

Want to go on a golfing trip with my parents, probably around the 2nd week in September. Don't want to fly for ages, so portual/spain are probably the best options?

Whats the best places in the area, have heard a lot about Penina? Yourgolftravel seems to be the most advertised website for this sort of thing but is there anywhere that includes flights, travel etc as well? Yourgolftravel only seems to sort out the hotel/golf.

We live in the North east so flights from Newcastle would be ideal.

Open to all suggestions! But we want sun!

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
We went to Lumine in Spain last year, 2 18 hole courses that are totally different from each other and a nine hole course if you want a warm up, stayed in Salou which was 10-15 minutes away and a busy resort (split into local area and touristy area plus there was a massive waterpark). Barcelona airport was an hour away and Reus airport is 10-15 minutes away. All the guys enjoyed the golf especially playing the courses twice each & it was reasonably priced. Weather was nice without being too hot.

Laka

Head Pro
Visit site
I can recommend Lisbon, you dont need a rental car. you stay in Lisboa at a hotel or rent an apartment thru ex home-away. you can enjoy everything Lisbon offer. when you want to golf, take the commutor train from cais de sodre out to estoril or cascais, from there its only a few minutes by taxi to courses. teetimes do you book on teetimes.pt ,, excellent service and good prices.

For communications in lisboa you buy a card and fill it with cash, i think you can get money back if you dont use all.

MC72

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Depends in what your looking for but penina,although cheap, is around an hour or so from Faro so exp taxi or hire a car and there's not much to do around owning which was full of Older folks when I was there. I suggest you have a look at Vilamoura, which is 20mins from Faro and is a resort in itself with lots of good golf courses within 5-10mins in a hotel shuttle of taxi.

Hi all, pretty new to this forum!

Want to go on a golfing trip with my parents, probably around the 2nd week in September. Don't want to fly for ages, so portual/spain are probably the best options?

Whats the best places in the area, have heard a lot about Penina? Yourgolftravel seems to be the most advertised website for this sort of thing but is there anywhere that includes flights, travel etc as well? Yourgolftravel only seems to sort out the hotel/golf.

We live in the North east so flights from Newcastle would be ideal.

Open to all suggestions! But we want sun!

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Go to the algarve , stay at the Golf motel near the Old Course , Book with Links golf or aim4golf , play the Vilamoura courses plus the o connor and Faldo , its free transport , I be over there in Oct , been booking with this company since 2000 ....................Or La Cala in spain , 3 courses .....................EYG,