Golfing Colemanballs

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
These have been done before but may be new to some readers:

Golf Quotes
Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: "Ballesteros felt much better today after a 69."

Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: "Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."

Warning: non-golf-related stuff begins now

David Coleman
• "And here's Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago"
• "He's 31 this year - last year he was 30."
• "There's going to be a real ding-dong when the bell goes."
• "There is Brendan Foster, by himself, with 20,000 people"
• "She's not Ben Johnson - but then who is?"
• "That's the fastest time ever run - but it's not as fast as the world record. "
• "For those of you watching who do not have television sets, live commentary is on Radio 2!"

Kevin Keegan
• "The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game"
• "Batistuta is very good at pulling off defenders"
• "Mark Hughes at his very best: he loves to feel people right behind him..."
• "Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice."
• "Sometimes there are too many generals and not enough, er, people waving to the generals as they, er, walk past."

Murray Walker (The legend)
• "We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the start of the race, only exactly the opposite"
• "Prost can see Mansell in his earphones!"
• "The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical"
• "Just under 10 seconds for Nigel Mansel. Call it 9.5 seconds in round numbers"
• "Tambay's hopes, which were previously nil, are now absolutely zero."
• "The atmosphere is so tense you could cut it with a cricket stump!"
• "The lead is now 6.9 seconds - in fact it is just under 7 seconds!"
• "This is the last penultimate lap but one."
• "There is nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire."
• "...and he's lost both right front tyres."
• "You're watching Ralf Schumacher, son of Michael Schumacher. Now the boot is on the other Schumacher!"
• "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies - which immediately turn out to be wrong."
• "With the race half gone there is half the race still to go."
• "I imagine that the conditions in those cars are totally unimaginable."
• "And its Go! Go! Go! for the British Grand Prix here at Brands Hatch!" James Hunt - "Erm... it's Silverstone, Murray."

From the World Cycling Championships:
• "It will come as no surprise to anyone if they spring a complete surprise on us!"
• "These cyclists are playing chess with each other. They are shuffling the cards even as we speak!"

Miscellaneous
• "That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on." - John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
• "I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable." - Paul Gascoigne
• "There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between." - Gary Lineker
• "It was that game that put the Everton ship back on the road." - Alan Green
• "In terms of the Richter Scale this defeat was a force eight gale." - John Lyall
• "I never make predictions and I never will." (PAUL GASCOIGNE)

Rude
• Michael Buerk watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's come in his shorts."
• Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on Sky Sports: "Stephen Hendry jumps on Steve Davis's misses every chance he gets."
• "This is Grigorieva from Bulgaria - I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing." (Pat Glenn - Weightlifting commentator)
• The new stand at Doncaster race course took Brough Scott's breath away. "My word, look at that magnificent erection."
• Willie Carson was telling Claire Balding how jockeys prepare for a big race when he said: "They usually have four or five dreams a night about coming from different positions."
• Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on Time Team Live said: "You'd eat beaver if you could get it."

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very good!

Last season during a super 14 rugby game a commentator was sick so they had some idiot stand in, during the pre match build up commentary he summed the game up as being "as big as Hitlers gas bill" needless to say he was hauled off the air and not been see since.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Two from irish commentators--
Ted Walsh horse racing expert (father of Ruby) commenting on a young up and coming horse--"She from good stock I know i rode her mother."

During hurling game-Pat Fox has the ball Joe Rabbitte is pursiut-thats the first time i've seen a rabbit chase a fox.