Golf with a Stoma (no banter please)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quick update, started driving yesterday so am thinking a putting green beckons.
got appointment with the oncologist on Thursday to discuss chemical warfare.
round 2, Ding .

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quick update, started driving yesterday so am thinking a putting green beckons.
got appointment with the oncologist on Thursday to discuss chemical warfare.
round 2, Ding .

You're heading in the right direction ............................................................ just keep going. (y)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Spoke to Missis T, can knock you for six yet others are fine. As Robin Hood says Stay strong 👍 And it won't be long before the frustrations of three putting are your biggest problem 😁

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chemo started today, hopefully side effects will be minimal, have to moisturise my hands and feet to stop skin cracking.

On the up side I've been fitted for a support belt and when it arrives I can try some gentle pitching etc and work my way back to playing if I feel up to it.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like it's going well mate. From what my brother tells me, there are a lot of different types of chemo. They will have assessed what's best for you and you will probably by now have been told of possible side effects. Some will cause hair loss (so what - it will come back), another will cause fingers and toes to feel cold, will make breathing difficult in cold air, etc, etc. Most will probably make you feel lethargic. Fwiw, my brother is back to the times for his weekly 5K runs that he had some months before feeling unwell.

You are obviously a positive person so will take it all in your stride. It may be difficult at times but you will get through it and come out the other side. Heck. Your golf might even improve ;)

Tashyboy

Visit site
Chemo started today, hopefully side effects will be minimal, have to moisturise my hands and feet to stop skin cracking.

On the up side I've been fitted for a support belt and when it arrives I can try some gentle pitching etc and work my way back to playing if I feel up to it.

Nice to hear spongy. Hope some of the posts on this forum make you smile. 😁
Little steps Bob. Little steps. 👍

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought I'd post a little update:

After a rocky 3 months getting the chemo dose right (including a month off treatment to let things get back to normal) I've been given the go ahead to resume, so 2 cycles before xmas, a break for xmas and new year the the 2 final cycles in Jan.
If bloods etc fine after I'll be signed off back to my surgeon and await reversal.
So should be looking for some spring golf once I've got the fitness back.
Nothing holding me back from a bit of practice in the meantime . (y):).

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

After a rocky 3 months getting the chemo dose right (including a month off treatment to let things get back to normal) I've been given the go ahead to resume, so 2 cycles before xmas, a break for xmas and new year the the 2 final cycles in Jan.
If bloods etc fine after I'll be signed off back to my surgeon and await reversal.

That's awesome news, I just wish I could have liked it more than once!

DCB

Visit site
Good news. Hope all continues to go well. It's a great feeling when you eventually make it back onto the golf course believe me.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds good Bob. Keep taking the tablets :D

Work hard on getting your fitness back and we'll get that game in in the new year (y)
Sounds good Bob. Keep taking the tablets :D

Work hard on getting your fitness back and we'll get that game in in the new year (y)

I taken so many tablets now you'll have to put up with me rattling down the fairway

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Good news but take it easy, listen to the advice you're given and look forward to seeing you on a fairway soon

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well after somewhat bumpy 7 month , I've just completed my last chemo cycle.
Got to go for bloods in a month's time and hopefully will be signed back to the surgeon.
been told it takes 4-6 weeks to clear so looking at trying to get back on the course March ti me.
hope to see some of you back in a course soon.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Well after somewhat bumpy 7 month , I've just completed my last chemo cycle.
Got to go for bloods in a month's time and hopefully will be signed back to the surgeon.
been told it takes 4-6 weeks to clear so looking at trying to get back on the course March ti me.
hope to see some of you back in a course soon.

excellent news. You have certainly not missed a lot of golf weather wise.