Golf with a Stoma (no banter please)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quick update.

Booked in for this Sunday, 28th, but still waiting for the paperwork/confirmation.
In for up to 8 days.
Will be out for 3-5 months, may need chemo depending on histology.
Tablet loaded with 4 box sets and a few films, maybe I'll get to watch the last few series of the wire.
So last game today.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Quick update.

Booked in for this Sunday, 28th, but still waiting for the paperwork/confirmation.
In for up to 8 days.
Tablet loaded with 4 box sets and a few films, maybe I'll get to watch the last few series of the wire.
So last game today.
Smash it me man. 👍

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quick update.

In for up to 8 days.
So last game today.

First part went ok, 21 out,17 back.
Should be a nice little cut there to go with the big cut Sunday.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope all goes well Spongey. My brother went through it all last year at Margate Hospital and you couldn't fault the care and commitment from the team there and subsequent chemo at Canterbury.

Was back doing his Park Runs in (seemingly) no time at all.

You will be back gracing the fairways before you know it (y)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back ho me today, all went well in the end.
But daunting at first when you are the scar and bag.I
Was delayed release yesterday when I had reaction to tramadol so spend all day being sick the on a drip, but happy to release me todag.I don't understand why anyone would want to take these for pleasure 😯
Long recovery starts here.
Thanks to all for you r thoughts.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good news Spongey. Glad you're back with us already.

As they say, every journey starts with the first step. I would guess you are a few miles into it already.

Some days will be good and (hopefully) only a few will be not so good. Take care, take each day as it comes. (y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back ho me today, all went well in the end.
But daunting at first when you are the scar and bag.I
Was delayed release yesterday when I had reaction to tramadol so spend all day being sick the on a drip, but happy to release me todag.I don't understand why anyone would want to take these for pleasure 😯
Long recovery starts here.
Thanks to all for you r thoughts.
Good luck. Take it nice and easy and get well soon

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Really sorry that I missed the early posts. I wish you a speedy and full recovery 👍👍

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quick update, surgery went well, he was happy that he's got everything out, however the margin between the layer he cleared was less than 1mm, so he's referring me to an oncologist. Reading between the lines I'll probably have to go through chemotherapy just to kill any residual cancer. He said if he'd have taken anymore out it would have meant no reconstruction was possible so not reversible. Round 1 o er onto the next bout.

On the upside after a few leaky nights we've sorted the bags out and I've got appetite back so on 4 small meals a day and I'm up to 2x 30 minute walk s a day. Golf still seems a long way off but been told can't drive for 6 week so plenty of time to work on fitness.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Small Steps spongy. Small steps. Right time
Of the year to be out doing your exercises. Dont over do it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Quick update, surgery went well, he was happy that he's got everything out, however the margin between the layer he cleared was less than 1mm, so he's referring me to an oncologist. Reading between the lines I'll probably have to go through chemotherapy just to kill any residual cancer. He said if he'd have taken anymore out it would have meant no reconstruction was possible so not reversible. Round 1 o er onto the next bout.

On the upside after a few leaky nights we've sorted the bags out and I've got appetite back so on 4 small meals a day and I'm up to 2x 30 minute walk s a day. Golf still seems a long way off but been told can't drive for 6 week so plenty of time to work on fitness.
Great to hear you are recovering well.

Maybe not always the best role-model but to quote another 'sportsman' who has 'taken advantage' of medical science...Stay Strong!