Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

D

Deleted member 15344

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plenty use wilson clubs including the driver - when our old pro stocked them plenty got the driver and irons

Why so dismissive?

Why do you have to argue over absolutely everything? I can't remember ever seeing anyone using a Wilson driver. If you have, then bully for you. Who honestly gives a toss? Jesus Christ.

D

Deleted member 1147

Why do you have to argue over absolutely everything? I can't remember ever seeing anyone using a Wilson driver. If you have, then bully for you. Who honestly gives a toss? Jesus Christ.
Where's the handbag emoji?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why the hell such a reaction 🤷‍♂️ - anytime some responses it’s not to “argue”

You dismissed a highly reputable brand who have been making clubs for decades and people have given you reasons why some pros and Ams are using them they aren’t “arguing” with you.

Stop overreacting
Not 'someone' - just you. ;)

Haven't dismissed anything, it's a fact that I've never seen anyone using one, as opposed to Pings, Taylor Mades, Callaways etc that you see constantly. Simple as that. Shall we move on?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's plenty floating round at my club but that's probably down to our pro shop only stocking Wilson and Ping clubs - price difference is significant!
I don't even know if our pro shop sells clubs, it's mainly clothes (Glenmuir, Island Green), balls and chippers!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Wilson Drivers?

I used a Wilson Ultra Firestick to win my club championship in 1991.

Last year I became the proud owner of Wilson 4300 persimmon (most Wilson's were laminate) 1,3,4,5 woods.

I hope this is appropriate to this thread. Both the above gladdened my heart anyway.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not exactly sure where to post this one, but here goes:

Played yesterday evening and when we got back into the bar we were chatting with the barman and he was asking how we had done. We had both played ok, with my partner getting an eagle so we were quite happy. The barman then said his uncle had played in the Seniors Stableford earlier that day and scored 53 points! He is 66 and shot a level par 72 off 17. Started with 2 birdies then pars all the way to the 15 where he dropped a shot, as well as on the 16 and 2 pars to finish. His previous best was a 78 about 10 years ago.
He has now been cut to 14 but I don't suppose he cares :)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not exactly sure where to post this one, but here goes:

Played yesterday evening and when we got back into the bar we were chatting with the barman and he was asking how we had done. We had both played ok, with my partner getting an eagle so we were quite happy. The barman then said his uncle had played in the Seniors Stableford earlier that day and scored 53 points! He is 66 and shot a level par 72 off 17. Started with 2 birdies then pars all the way to the 15 where he dropped a shot, as well as on the 16 and 2 pars to finish. His previous best was a 78 about 10 years ago.
He has now been cut to 14 but I don't suppose he cares :)

Insane! The statistics of this happening must be mind blowingly low! Awesome for that guy!!

AussieKB

Visit site
Wilson Drivers?

I used a Wilson Ultra Firestick to win my club championship in 1991.

Last year I became the proud owner of Wilson 4300 persimmon (most Wilson's were laminate) 1,3,4,5 woods.

I hope this is appropriate to this thread. Both the above gladdened my heart anyway.
I still have my Firestick in the cupboard, took it out to the course a month a go to show the guys, then proceeded to smoke it down the fairway, still cannot believe how small the head is, my 5 wood is bigger.