Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

sunshine

Visit site
I've been invited to play at North Berwick on Wednesday. Never played there before so looking forward to that. One of the group, probably my partner if we play that sort of format, is a former European Tour pro 😳. Looking forward to that experience.
Amazing. One of the most fun courses I have ever played. So many quirky features that just wouldn't be allowed on a course built today.
I'm also a big fan of the welcome. When I arrived I was told that my green fee makes me a member for the day, and that is how they treat you.

Enjoy!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had my 2nd lesson with my new coach today,one little tweak an was flushing everything. Got another move to work on. He told me yo go.play the rest of the season and we would catch up in the autumn.

Was surly tempted to go out again and play 18.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to TopGolf last night with the wife. Broke my record score with a 207, which was also number 1 on the leaderboard for that day (by a clear 30 points). Was striking the 8 iron nicely and we were in the perfect spot where a flushed one would bounce into the blue target, but a faded one was dropping straight in the brown target, so I was raking in 12 or 14 points a shot for the last ten or twelve balls - plus a 20 on the last one to secure it! My wife was striking the ball better than she has since before she was pregnant last year, so happy all round.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Amazing. One of the most fun courses I have ever played. So many quirky features that just wouldn't be allowed on a course built today.
I'm also a big fan of the welcome. When I arrived I was told that my green fee makes me a member for the day, and that is how they treat you.

Enjoy!
We try to give all visitors are great welcome and experience, but I’ve never really thought of us being explicit about it, which would be as nice as it sounds.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How many entrants and how many other 2s were scored?
How long was the hole and what was the shaft length and loft of the club used? (Don't need to know brand and model)
How long was the putt?
Was your shirt tucked in for the duration of the hole?
How long and what colour were your socks?
did he changed his shoes in the car park?
was he invited to the mini meet that cant be mentioned?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
For several weeks (seems like longer) I've had a real problem with pitch shots at 40-50 paces distance

Continued today at the short game area for the umpteenth time trying to fix it, all the 'good' shots land around 10 paces short and I couldn't get my brain to adjust, shot after shot monotonously at 30-35 paces (excluding the thins and fats)

No idea how the hell I add the required extra my brain just couldn't do it

My wife has seen me trying to fix this several times and seen my frustration grow, today she snapped...

She stood 10 paces directly in front of the flag sent me out to about 45 pace distance and told me to hit a few shots!

They all sailed gracefully over her head to land about 3-5 paces long!!
Who'd have thought that was the incentive I needed

Marvellous women I just don't deserve 👍

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guy from our place Luke Quint, really great lad managed to qualify today from Hesketh for Final Qualifying.

Really wish him well, excellent family background , slight problem is his dad was a NSW state cricketer, very good so in his element in the last week.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
July away trips!

Sherwood Forest
Holinwell
Alwoodly
West Sussex
Crowborough Beacon
Thought I had an impressive list starting tomorrow for the next week, All Opens but well beaten Ian.

Leven Links, Ladybank, Blairgowrie, 27 holes. Arbroath, Musselburgh and The Glen.

MY added bonus is that I am taking Mrs 3OTT round Balmoral Castle; extra brownie points there!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Our mate who after 2 years finally got his handicap sorted... 1.8.

The reason this gladden the heart is that whenever we play casual matches or doubles against him he always says "oh put me off the same as Luke" - Luke plays off 11 🤣. No more stealing tenners now!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Playing The Dukes at Woburn tonight for the very first time, finally completing the trio. I've walked it a couple of times, watching various tournaments so this has been a long time coming. Really cannot wait!

sunshine

Visit site
Playing The Dukes at Woburn tonight for the very first time, finally completing the trio. I've walked it a couple of times, watching various tournaments so this has been a long time coming. Really cannot wait!
Cracking course. Hope you’re good at the low punch out of the trees. I hit a lot of those 🤣

Enjoy!