Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After a good showing in the seniors county championships a couple of weeks ago I have been selected to play in the team. I think I might be nervous on the 1st tee 😬. I’m still playing scratch team golf for my club so I should be ok and shouldn’t make a fool of myself. 🤞

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a good showing in the seniors county championships a couple of weeks ago I have been selected to play in the team. I think I might be nervous on the 1st tee 😬. I’m still playing scratch team golf for my club so I should be ok and shouldn’t make a fool of myself. 🤞
You'll be fine , great scene County Seniors , good competitive golf with friendly banter 😉

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Dodging brief showers at the warm/up practice ground yesterday gave me a couple of minutes to shoot the breeze with one of the club Pro’s and mentioned my chipping woes & he kindly turned it into a 5 minute impromptu lesson

(Told to use a totally different stance & club position etc that produced results after just a few tries)

D

Deleted member 25172

Friend of mine had his clubs stolen a few weeks back. That's of course not something that gladdens the heart - but. Since he's got himself the new set he's managed to play his first round level par in the first round with the new bats. He followed that up on Sunday with shooting his first round ever under par. A 69 for -1. He was 4 under coming to 16, so could've/would've/should've been even better. Chuffed for him!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friend of mine had his golf clubs stolen a few weeks back. That's of course not something that gladdens the heart - but. Since he's got himself the new set of clubs he managed to play his first round level par in the first round with the new bats. He followed that up on Sunday with shooting his first round ever under par. A 69 for -1. He was 4 under coming to 16, so could've/would've/should've been even better. Chuffed for him!
What was he using before, wooden woods and blades? 😄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well today was wonderful

Last min I became available to play

I checked the tee times saw someone I've played with before.. we messaged on rick shiels Facebook page because he was a member of my place .

Turns out he was playing in the swindle

So I played in the swindle

Been invited to join, so every Wednesday and Friday I now have options to play

Every Tuesday and Thursday I have my normal group

Just Mondays need to find a crew now 😂

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Played yesterday and despite and a slow 2hrs for 9 holes my putting and chipping were spot on.

I’m expecting both to be crap again next week when I play

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site

Imagine asking Rory for a long drive competition and beating him, Rory flabbergasted but laughing about it 😂😂
I suspect this is an insight into why they want to roll the ball back. Rory is top of the driving distance, and I suspect in 5yrs his current distance will be middle of the pack…. I wonder if they’ll end up having to roll back some of the equipment too, I’ve found some of the comments after seeing him hit the Persimmon Driver really interesting.