Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Won my first club competition this week - ok, it was only a 9 hole stableford roll up but I still beat 21 other players. And I equalled my lowest ever score ( which was shot last week) - have I found the mythical thing called golf consistency or will I come back down to earth next week?🫣
If you have to ask that question you haven't been playing golf long enough.?
Well done on the win👍

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Won my first club competition this week - ok, it was only a 9 hole stableford roll up but I still beat 21 other players. And I equalled my lowest ever score ( which was shot last week) - have I found the mythical thing called golf consistency or will I come back down to earth next week?🫣
I believe you will be able to answer both of your own questions fairly soon.

Well done this week.
Something similar will happen again for you - sometime - somewhere.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Comp yesterday sees me with reduction in HI to 7.8…equal to my lowest ever under WHS 👍

Plus my 5th place and my nearest the pin on a par 3 found £28 added to my shop account. Good return on my £5 entry fee given I wasn’t intending to play.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There's a member at my club who uses personalised Vice balls in retina-burning yellow/lime colour.
He's obviously a little wild off the tee as I've found a few in some off piste areas and handed them back.
His group were the one that didn't let me and Fragger through a couple of weeks ago resulting in a 4 hour 2 ball round...
I was out early this morning and found one of his Vice whatever.....
Took great delight in pummelling it halfway up Coombe Hill....
Felt good for the rest of the round..🤗

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
There's a member at my club who uses personalised Vice balls in retina-burning yellow/lime colour.
He's obviously a little wild off the tee as I've found a few in some off piste areas and handed them back.
His group were the one that didn't let me and Fragger through a couple of weeks ago resulting in a 4 hour 2 ball round...
I was out early this morning and found one of his Vice whatever.....
Took great delight in pummelling it halfway up Coombe Hill....
Felt good for the rest of the round..🤗
You've got to be good to use personalised golf balls.

I've found a couple belonging to a playing partner and take great pleasure in returning them too him in the clubhouse along with loudly announcing the location (sometimes with slight exaggeration)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Driving past a local course this morning, ball comes out of nowhere and bounces on the road about 20 yards in front of me. Flies up in the air and into the field on the other side of the road. A second or two later, and this post would have been in Random Golf Irritations ...

cunnini

Visit site
been hitting driver very erratically last few rounds and also at the range - realised (listening to a podcast) gripping too much in left palm not fingers, and very narrow stance not giving enough stability. Went to range at lunchtime, and hitting long and much straighter (note i don't say straight!)

sure it will back down to earth when i'm next on the course...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played for the first time since the win and still scored 19 points (9 holes) after being cut a stroke so still looking good 😊

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Went for a little late afternoon saunter around our track in the warmth and sunshine to have a look at how the Clutch Pro Tour pros were doing on their practice knock…they were doing just fine…but the course was looking magnificent with fairways and greens looking as immaculate as can be, and loads of wild flowers in the rough. Hardly recognised the place.