Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

Golfnut1957

Visit site
There's a member at my club who uses personalised Vice balls in retina-burning yellow/lime colour.
He's obviously a little wild off the tee as I've found a few in some off piste areas and handed them back.
His group were the one that didn't let me and Fragger through a couple of weeks ago resulting in a 4 hour 2 ball round...
I was out early this morning and found one of his Vice whatever.....
Took great delight in pummelling it halfway up Coombe Hill....
Felt good for the rest of the round..🤗
You've got to be good to use personalised golf balls.

I've found a couple belonging to a playing partner and take great pleasure in returning them too him in the clubhouse along with loudly announcing the location (sometimes with slight exaggeration)
And may I ask without being too rude, what was it that brought you two into these "off piste" areas to be in a position to find these wayward balls? Just asking for a friend.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The course got severely "badgered" over the winter and spring leading to large areas of ripped up turf that needed serious work to fix.
Huge swathes of some holes have been GUR for weeks as the re-seeding did it's bit with the help of some hi-tech matting that encourages seed germination, letting light and moisture through whilst keeping the ground warm.
It's really quite scary how good this stuff is...they even reckon they can get seed to germinate inside 3 weeks in the middle of winter..
The results have been spectacular and, although you can still see where the damage was, the whole course is very playable.
It will save the club a fortune as they won't need to buy turfmin the future - just seed it and put the matting on.
Very impressed....

Reactions: sjw

sjw

Visit site
The course got severely "badgered" over the winter and spring leading to large areas of ripped up turf that needed serious work to fix.
Huge swathes of some holes have been GUR for weeks as the re-seeding did it's bit with the help of some hi-tech matting that encourages seed germination, letting light and moisture through whilst keeping the ground warm.
It's really quite scary how good this stuff is...they even reckon they can get seed to germinate inside 3 weeks in the middle of winter..
The results have been spectacular and, although you can still see where the damage was, the whole course is very playable.
It will save the club a fortune as they won't need to buy turfmin the future - just seed it and put the matting on.
Very impressed....
I could do with some of that out in the hellscape that is my back garden!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Just back from a Sports Massage, hopefully will help with my stiffness.
Have started trying to do a bit more stretching as well.
Only £40 for an hour, will probably make it a monthly thing if I feel a difference.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The way the Golfing world is putting a collective arm around Bill Horscel knowing damn well that, next week, it could be you, me or anyone else...
Chin up Billy...we've got your back (y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was lovely having a chat with ‘our’ Lottie (she’s just been awarded Freshman of the Year in Atlantic Coast Collegiate Women’s golf and member of the All-American 1st team) this afternoon - back home from Florida for the summer and back at the club this afternoon for a knock with her coach (our head pro).

What was also really nice is that we were hosting the Surrey Junior Girls Championship today and a bunch of girls were hanging around to watch her tee off as they have been following her progress in the US on twitter. A great role model and aspirational figure for local (and wider) girl golfers.

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Our Owners have finally invested in some sand for the bunkers - and given them a tart up too!

Best they've looked probably ever :ROFLMAO: