Golf shoe recommendation

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I currently wear Adidas code chaos, but recently after playing a lot of golf (I’m between jobs so playing 3+ times a week), I’ve been struggling with pain in the ball/heel of my right foot. Come the 9th/10th hole I’m limping a bit, and once I’m home I struggle for the rest of the day. Therefore, I’m looking to buy some new shoes.

I can’t afford much more than 90-100 quid, and the problem with shoes is that you can’t try them on and go and play 18 holes.

Any recommendations for comfortable, good quality shoes which offer some level of waterproof-ness?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
youll get recommendations for almost every main brand/shoe, ultimately its a case of finding one thats fits and is comfortable for you, for me its ecco biom spikeless shoes, FJ/adidas dont fit me at all but for others will be the opposite. Case of finding what works for you

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
youll get recommendations for almost every main brand/shoe, ultimately its a case of finding one thats fits and is comfortable for you, for me its ecco biom spikeless shoes, FJ/adidas dont fit me at all but for others will be the opposite. Case of finding what works for you

Aye, thought as much. Like i say, problem is not being able to properly try them and they’re not cheap. I’ll probably have to pick a new brand and give it a go. Just looking for a common recommendation I guess, a good all rounder.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Another vote for Sketchers or Footjoy, both of which fit me out of the box every time. I find them true to size.

G1z1

Visit site
I have been using nike, puma and under armour ones the past year. My favourite are the puma ones there the most comfortable and are great at keeping the water out. Not sure what exact model they are but got them from American golf and they come in a bunch of different colours. Second would be the nike air max 90s there comfy but i have two pairs and only one of them are waterproof so be careful what colour you get. Last are under armour there not very comfy and are supposed to be waterproof but there definitely not.33474903-EAAE-4949-AA99-C91CD864137D.jpeg

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have been using nike, puma and under armour ones the past year. My favourite are the puma ones there the most comfortable and are great at keeping the water out. Not sure what exact model they are but got them from American golf and they come in a bunch of different colours. Second would be the nike air max 90s there comfy but i have two pairs and only one of them are waterproof so be careful what colour you get. Last are under armour there not very comfy and are supposed to be waterproof but there definitely not.View attachment 38684

A thorough review, thank you ??

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I find Nike shoes, be they golf or otherwise, to be the best fit for me straight out of the box. I've got two pairs of Nike golf shoes and one Adidas and, while there's nothing wrong with the Adidas, the Nikes are just more comfortable.

I've got the Infinity React Pro as my waterproof shoes (currently just under £100 on the Nike website) and some Air Max for the drier weather.

babylonsinger

Visit site
Have previously bought two different pairs of Adidas golf shoes (around £50 each so basic ones) and found both times the heels wore away very quickly. Decent value for money though. Moved to UA Charged Draw recently and impressed with the comfort and the look. Haven't worn them in torrential rain yet but on a few wet summer days they have kept my feet dry. Paid around £70 for them after using first time discount online. Chose them over Skechers Go Golf Elite purely due to the lower price as they generally got good reviews on here.

sunshine

Visit site
I currently wear Adidas code chaos, but recently after playing a lot of golf (I’m between jobs so playing 3+ times a week), I’ve been struggling with pain in the ball/heel of my right foot. Come the 9th/10th hole I’m limping a bit, and once I’m home I struggle for the rest of the day. Therefore, I’m looking to buy some new shoes.

I'm no expert, but have you considered it might not be the shoes? Could be a different foot issue?

We all have different shaped feet, so I think you need to try out a range of shoes and walk around a bit in them.

Personally I prefer the added cushioning and softer texture of trainer style shoes, so I've mainly bought Adidas and Nike in the last few years. I've got some Ecco shoes too which are very comfy (although they took a while to wear in) but don't have anywhere near the level of cushioning as say adidas boost (which is used in code chaos).

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Your shoes are causing plantar faciatis (excuse spelling) by the sound of it. Definitely go spikeless and get a spiked foot massage ball to work on it 3 times a week. I got this bad with some FJ hyper flex shoes as the soles were too soft for my slightly heavier frame. I’ve gone spikeless ever since and they’re fine in the winter.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm no expert, but have you considered it might not be the shoes? Could be a different foot issue?

We all have different shaped feet, so I think you need to try out a range of shoes and walk around a bit in them.

Personally I prefer the added cushioning and softer texture of trainer style shoes, so I've mainly bought Adidas and Nike in the last few years. I've got some Ecco shoes too which are very comfy (although they took a while to wear in) but don't have anywhere near the level of cushioning as say adidas boost (which is used in code chaos).

I’ve definitely considered it yeh, but the only times i get the pain are during and after golf. I’m going to go a long walk in normal trainers this week and see if I get anything similar, try to rule out it being a general problem.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Your shoes are causing plantar faciatis (excuse spelling) by the sound of it. Definitely go spikeless and get a spiked foot massage ball to work on it 3 times a week. I got this bad with some FJ hyper flex shoes as the soles were too soft for my slightly heavier frame. I’ve gone spikeless ever since and they’re fine in the winter.

Interesting, will look into this…

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I have 6 pairs of Nike zoom infinity tours. Once they are stretched out they are magnificent.

28015301_l.jpg

D

Deleted member 18121

Another vote for Skechers from me... I've got spikeless ones which are waterproof also.... Amazing in all conditions.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've got 3 pairs of Skechers. A Spikeless pair for practice, a synthetic pair for winter/wet and a leather pair for summer. They are all very comfortable straight out of the box. My only regret is not getting the leather ones in black, as they would have been easier to keep in better condition