Golf Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite that bad!
Fortunately went back this afternoon and tried both the demo and my own driver in the studio to confirm there are set up exactly the same.
Obviously my swing when I tested was a bit better than when i used my own driver for the first time. Need to focus on my path to get the results I am aiming for.
Today's session helped and gave me confidence that its still the right spec or me!

We always forget that the difference between a worldie and a terrible shot is like 2cm .

Can just be the wind. Bit colder , feeling tired

Anything can get us off that perfect shot

Glad to hear the driver is fine, I'm sure u will get confidence back in it

Asian Dawn

Visit site
Just arrived in Belek, Turkey and the hotel has Sky Sports Golf. (I don't have Sky at home, so this is a bit of a treat).

Why oh why are they continuing to show the Heritage when there's a ladies MAJOR under way????

Because hardly anyone give a toss about ladies golf. Sorry but the viewing figures bear this out.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
When it rains every single time you are about to go out. I know it’s likelier to happen with the amount of rain we’ve experienced but now that there are longer drier spells it really does seem that it’s plotting against me!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s been on Sky Sports Mix since 3pm.
The only channel available to me in this hotel is Sky Sports Golf. You'd have thought that channel would be showing the premier event.

I guess this means that a standard PGA comp is considered more important than a ladies major. Says it all, really.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The only channel available to me in this hotel is Sky Sports Golf. You'd have thought that channel would be showing the premier event.

I guess this means that a standard PGA comp is considered more important than a ladies major. Says it all, really.
Lottie Woad is level par after 4 holes. Two birdies and two bogeys.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So that's 1am where I am. Will be in bed, got to get up for golf in the morning.

Still doesn't excuse why they're showing a normal PGA event instead of a ladies major.
Come on, you're not silly. If both events were on TV simultaneously you can guarantee the viewing figures for the men's golf would be far higher. That's why they're showing it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Supply and demand, it's that simple.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf Club teams.

It seems to me if you are not in the "click", you don't play. I'm lucky now I'm in the seniors "click" for the second team, formed because they couldn't break into the "click" of the first team. But it occoured (how to you spell this?) me if you aren't in a team "click" (if you actually wanted to be), then you miss out of quite a bit of free golf at other places. Some not as good as your own place, but some, whoooooo, really? Free!!!!???? These teams, where I've been, are very "clicky". No one chases up better players.

Oh and also can I add, another irritation, we play in green. Blurg!!!!!🤢

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought of another one

Refurbing the ladies changing rooms (20 members) with our £50k windfall from sale of land.

I'll add

Selling said land, which will be required soon as the river Churnet is eating away into our course and soon we will have no choice but to close. My estimation is 10 years.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf Club teams.

It seems to me if you are not in the "click", you don't play. I'm lucky now I'm in the seniors "click" for the second team, formed because they couldn't break into the "click" of the first team. But it occoured (how to you spell this?) me if you aren't in a team "click" (if you actually wanted to be), then you miss out of quite a bit of free golf at other places. Some not as good as your own place, but some, whoooooo, really? Free!!!!???? These teams, where I've been, are very "clicky". No one chases up better players.

Oh and also can I add, another irritation, we play in green. Blurg!!!!!🤢

I believe the word you are looking for is 'clique'.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been having issues with my knees over the winter, mainly down to carrying.

Was away in Spain last week, played 4 consecutive days with buggies, no issues at all. Played on Thursday at our place, 18 holes with a trolley, again, no issues. Right as rain yesterday.

Woke up this morning, left knee feels very weak - how the hell did that happen? Put the neoprene bandage on, went to play, but had to walk off after 9 as could feel it with every shot. Can't get my head around why this has happened today when I haven't carried for the best part of a month, and have been absolutely fine since.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Missing out ona board competition this morning due to a combination of extra pain in my already dodgy knees and an apparent dose of Manthrax threatening my existence...
Didn't want to win it anyway...the board is tucked away in a corner that rarely gets seen... ;)