Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a few days of decent weather, it’s pouring down and is forecast to still be pouring down when I tee off at 0720 tomorrow.
Yup, same here. Teeing off at 8:10 tomorrow, and it's raining now and all the way through the night. Of course it is. Feels like it will literally never stop raining.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Me and the wife played on a weekend away in the Scottish Borders. Booked a course via Golf Now only to find out it's down to nine holes because of the weather. A minor irritant we could play the nine twice no problem.
No problem until the 5th when we caught up with the three stooges. An hour to finish the next 4 holes. When I saw them going to the first tee again I called it quits.
On the plus side had a great night in a lovely pub in Kelso. Great pint and lovely food.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played with a snail yesterday. He added over half and hour to the round.

His favourite trick? If he had a pitch to the green, he'd leave his trolley there and walk up with his putter. In some cases his was 80 yards in the wrong direction and he saunter off slowly to get it. Then he'd arrive last on the tee and start marking the card.

Shame. Really nice bloke other than that and a decent player. I'm drawn with him again on Tuesday. I've told Donna I'll be home late😁😁

Bobthesock

Visit site
Greens maintenance. Soaking wet all winter so loads of temps. Finally they are great again so have to put holes in them. Why not do it a few weeks ago?!?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Back to 16 holes after the deluge Saturday night and yesterday. We were closed yesterday. Annoying as I played Saturday and it was much drier and in good condition
We had a lot of rain overnight Friday. The course didn’t close on Saturday but we were back to mud balls in the rough.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Played an open on Saturday and still waiting for the results to be published.

Nothing on the club website, nothing on HDID, no email. I've emailed them to ask them how the results will be published but they haven't replied.

It's not a biggie, we won't be in the prizes but I still want to know. Also, my mates might be last and that's always funny.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That video of the lady pro being "mansplained" on the driving range has appeared again (new post reporting it as a new story)

She must be really low on bookings to rehash it again.

Screams even more of a publicity stunt rather than an actual random event.

Then again when the fore brothers did a parody of the video it seemed more realistic than the original

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That video of the lady pro being "mansplained" on the driving range has appeared again (new post reporting it as a new story)

She must be really low on bookings to rehash it again.

Screams even more of a publicity stunt rather than an actual random event.

Then again when the fore brothers did a parody of the video it seemed more realistic than the original
it was a set up

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The castle tees I bought from Amazon lately... Generally I find plastic castles tees fairly indestructible, but god knows what they made these out of, I've beheaded about four of them in the first couple of weeks. Rubbish!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Mens pairs knockouts. What a pain in the bum to organise. Never ever again
This x 10. I swore I wasn't playing in any more, but my son asked to partner him in our 4BBB KO. I reluctantly said yes, simply because it is my son.

The weather and course closures have made life difficult, but with a week to go before the deadline the obstacles and barriers to getting it on are mental.

Never, ever, again.

samthom99

Visit site
The castle tees I bought from Amazon lately... Generally I find plastic castles tees fairly indestructible, but god knows what they made these out of, I've beheaded about four of them in the first couple of weeks. Rubbish!
Prime evidence of you not striking the ball correctly if you're breaking castle tees. Have you tried lessons?