Golf Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Faldo and McGinley "commentating" at the same time. Cannot think of 2 worse people in tandem. Faldo gives very few compliments and McGinley, no comment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The constant year after year moaning and whining about the Golf commentry at The Masters and all other Major’s.

Tip: Use the mute button or turn the volume down.
Or how about a radical solution and Sky pick from a plethora of decent talent and utilise people that are relevant to the modern game and not someone like Roe who seems to have made his name more as a coach than he ever did with his career and McGinley who is only employed because of the RC

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am watching/ also reading now. Bored. Patrons. It would be interesting to know how many times it is mentioned. They are spectators. If a commentator says spectators do they get the electric chair?
They get barred from returning. The Masters committee are all powerful, upset them and you are out, never to return. Hence the tosh that gets spoken each year.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Or how about a radical solution and Sky pick from a plethora of decent talent and utilise people that are relevant to the modern game and not someone like Roe who seems to have made his name more as a coach than he ever did with his career and McGinley who is only employed because of the RC
Or even more radical, if you’re that bothered contact Sky or use your mute button, or, shock horror! Watch the golf, you moan about Roe and McGinley at every event.

sjw

Visit site
Faldo and McGinley "commentating" at the same time. Cannot think of 2 worse people in tandem. Faldo gives very few compliments and McGinley, no comment.
Faldo drives me bonkers, he might have been a good golfer but he comes across as a massive knob. He is incapable of saying anything without an air of "I could've done much better"

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
And "the property" seems to following up in close second........its a bloody golf course, why not say it how it is :mad:
This one is irritating too, all the Sky presenters obviously warned about what phrases to use. McGinley is a fellow Irish man but he's turning more American by the week. Over the years he was always spoken about positively around Ireland as a lovely man but the Ryder cup seems to have gone to his head or something.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Faldo drives me bonkers, he might have been a good golfer but he comes across as a massive knob. He is incapable of saying anything without an air of "I could've done much better"
But aren't you saying that you could do it better........................:unsure:

D-S

Visit site
I know it’s an old hackneyed irritation, but who on earth ever says, with the exception of golf commentators, fairway metal or 3 metal?
If you Google Ping 3 metal you are taken to a list of fairway woods - on a rare occurrence you might get Taylormade ‘3 Fairway’ but the word metal is not used.
No one I know uses the term, so why do commentators?