Golf Random Irritations

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
5 days in Fife and I never took the clubs for a hit, I’m an early riser so could of been out and back without any significant impact to family outings ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
People entering k/o matches and then insisting you take a days annual leave as they are retired so would rather play the match in the week as to not effect their weekend golf ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
People entering k/o matches and then insisting you take a days annual leave as they are retired so would rather play the match in the week as to not effect their weekend golf ?
Unless it is a Midweek Competition they can insist all they want. Tell them you are not available midweek other than evenings and give a selection of weekend dates and if possible some evening times.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tell them you are not available midweek other than evenings and give a selection of weekend dates. They can insist all they want.

Exactly what I did do. As I had made the initial contact I offer two weekends both days, I also highlighted that he had won his match a week later than the cut off which restricts our options but that an argument for another day.

Carlwm

Visit site
Forgotten how to drive the ball, unless, of course, I'm having a lesson whereupon I smack it 250yards down the middle of the range with such depressing regularity that my tutor can't even begin to diagnose an issue.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgotten how to drive the ball, unless, of course, I'm having a lesson whereupon I smack it 250yards down the middle of the range with such depressing regularity that my tutor can't even begin to diagnose an issue.
Sod's law that. The last lesson I had was a putting one, he lined up six balls and I promptly holed all of them. Luckily he still found some improvements to make my stroke more solid but I was worried for a minute. ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Carris Trophy enjoyed sun and an almost windless course all week, now we have the course back its 25 mph wind gusting to 35 and rain for tomorrow's comp.

Can't see me bothering somehow. Sums up this summers golf for me.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Certainly more specific than random but most definitely an irritant...

For those that know me or have followed any posts from me over the last few years, you may know I was involved in an accident a few years ago that left me badly injured and with seriously restricted movement in my shoulder. I was initially advised I would not play golf again due to it.
I underwent a lot of recovery and physio, exercises to strengthen and improve movement and, eventually (nearly 2.5 years later) I got back to playing and was actually doing ok. I had lost distance but was more accurate and as such my scores were improving, the majority of my rounds were mid to high 70s and I got my HC back and got myself down to 7 (I'm still a crap putter, that didn't change!).

About 3 months ago, I started getting pains in my right arm, just above my elbow, after playing. I didn't think too much of it. Over the following weeks it became bad, I mean really bad, in that I couldn't grip the club and swing it.

FFW to today, I have torn tendons in my arm and the root cause appears to be the way I now swing a golf club due to the limitations in my shoulder putting strain elsewhere. So my solution was actually harmful.

I now need to weigh up if it's worth trying to find a new solution or just give it up altogether. It's certainly vexing if not irritating.
Sorry to read. Hope you can find an outcome you are comfortable with. Was impressive the standard you'd returned to especially after the prognosis. G'luck and thankfully the music is still there.

sjw

Visit site

In a similar vein, I'll completely lose my swing on the course, go to the range a few days later, and within three balls it'll be back and I'll pump the whole bucket down the range fine. Next time out, 5 holes in, and bye bye swing

Carlwm

Visit site
In a similar vein, I'll completely lose my swing on the course, go to the range a few days later, and within three balls it'll be back and I'll pump the whole bucket down the range fine. Next time out, 5 holes in, and bye bye swing

Played today and, at the first, took three air shots before "driving" the ball about sixty yards into a ditch. The club didn't leave my bag for the rest of the round. The bloody thing is slowly driving ((badoom tish!) me demented.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
4% chance of precipitation they said...
4%.......:rolleyes::mad:
How can I be 96% unlucky :cautious:

I know what you mean, we made it to 17th tee yesterday on a day with no rain forecast, before a 10 minute drowning
Alas the weather is one of those things we have little say in (a bit like siblings) you just gotta live with whatever hand you're dealt ! :sneaky:

MACM85

Visit site

I have had this joy in the Mizuno pairs comp this year. We are in the Semi's currently and every game they are refusing to play weekends due to commitments even though they are retired. Makes zero sense.

MACM85

Visit site
If proved will the organisers not award the match in your favour
So far we have just played starting at 1700hrs and hope to get round in time.

The smart thing is all the organising isn't done via text or email. They only want to do it via phone calls which to me just tries to remove any evidence etc.

Not sure we will do next year as it has been a struggle and a pain.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

You must be my long lost twin?