Golf Random Irritations

saxonal

Visit site
Irritations? Someone who jumps up on the tee first, places ball on tee and stands back takes a glove out of their back pocket and slowly slip their hand in while staring down the fairway! Get on with it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
The weather forecast tomorrow prob wiping out golf for most of us
Lot of Saturday morning tee times at our place have opened up in the last few hours, forecast is 20 mph winds and dry in morning so playable - mind you we've had several hours of biblical weather - driving rain and incredible wind and it's forecast to get worse in the next couple of hours and last till the early hours of the morning.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Lot of Saturday morning tee times at our place have opened up in the last few hours, forecast is 20 mph winds and dry in morning so playable - mind you we've had several hours of biblical weather - driving rain and incredible wind and it's forecast to get worse in the next couple of hours and last till the early hours of the morning.
If the forecasts are right we're going to get the snow between 2 and 5 in the morning...
No traffic around so it'll probably settle..splendid..:rolleyes:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
If the forecasts are right we're going to get the snow between 2 and 5 in the morning...
No traffic around so it'll probably settle..splendid..:rolleyes:
It snowed here at lunchtime for an hour or so but it was wet stuff and didn't lie - February this year was first time in a decade that we had snow on the ground for more than a couple of days - lot of rain today though so one of the courses (The Ashludie) could flood as it's not much above the water table.

I've got a football match to photograph tomorrow afternoon but weather looks cold and windy but Ok for that - I thought of grabbing one of the available tee times in the morning but I think I'll get plenty cold enough sitting next to a football pitch in the afternoon so I'll give the golf a miss.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Took the dog for a walk this afternoon and though it didn't snow, the wind actually hurt my face, wind chill must have been minus temps. I cant see us playing tomorrow tbh

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Took the dog for a walk this afternoon and though it didn't snow, the wind actually hurt my face, wind chill must have been minus temps. I cant see us playing tomorrow tbh
Ours is closed today, so I walked the dog there instead. It was amazingly dry considering the stuff that fell last night, but there are dead trees littered all over.

I would imagine that it will take at least a couple of days to clear the mess and make the place safe.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amount of text and emails from all the golf retailers… no deal was worth talking about .. the TM black spider stayed at £189 or whatever for the last 3 months .
Druids golf constantly texting some deal on this and that .. all a bit tedious

Imurg

Visit site
Amount of text and emails from all the golf retailers… no deal was worth talking about .. the TM black spider stayed at £189 or whatever for the last 3 months .
Druids golf constantly texting some deal on this and that .. all a bit tedious
And now the Cyber Monday ones begin...same deals..

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4BBB competition played over two days. I played yesterday in 40 mph winds. Todays players don’t have a breath of wind to contend with.

Imurg

Visit site
Slow 3 ball groups that won't let faster 2 ball groups through...despite having plenty of opportunity including the 1st tee......
Good job we didn't enter the comp or decide to out a card in - we'd have finished in the dark....
Peasants :mad:

Imurg

Visit site
Flagstick droppers
Watched a James Robinson video earlier and he got to a green, took the flag out and almost threw it away.
I've seen Rick and Pete do it too.
If you have to take the flag out at ,east lower it and have a bit of respect for the greens, greenkeepers and other players.
Not a good demonstration of etiquette