Golf Random Irritations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Players who damage holes and do not repair the damage before leaving the green.

One of the downsides of leaving flags in is I am seeing more damage to holes (probably from those using ball retrievers on their putters).

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
The ET golf commentary
Every time Robert Rock missed/made a putt on back 9 we were told about the impact to his race to Dubai ranking but after he ‘finished’ he started climbing the leaderboard again due to others dropping shots and not a mention of Rock’s R2D change in ranking. Dunno why it bugged me it just did

Likewise, had he not three-putted 18 he would have jumped out of that massive tie for 4th. He went up 48 places to 148 and needs another big week (though would still get in plenty next year)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure what to moan about. It's either the distances given by my app today or the ball (I used a different type, Srixon Marathon, to my usual type of Calllaway) and had the ball flying over greens. Shot 31 points but should have had more.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure what to moan about. It's either the distances given by my app today or the ball (I used a different type, Srixon Marathon, to my usual type of Calllaway) and had the ball flying over greens. Shot 31 points but should have had more.

you should give the Titleist Velocity a go mate! :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mate chopping and changing his putter. I was just telling him today how well he's putted since he changed to a centre shafted putter. "Oh I'm not using that anymore I've gone back to my old one." Oh? Why?? ??‍♂️ Daft.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Popped out on my own last evening for a quick knock carrying a half set.

Failed to check my bag properly and had a rather top heavy selection of clubs which made short game tricky. Ran out of tees on the third. Course empty, bar one other single who closed in on me, and as I reached places to let him past, repeatedly dropped back, so I had a constant sense of someone on my tail.

Boomy

Visit site
Folk who go to driving ranges in groups and shout at each other the whole time they are there.

Weather forecasts for heavy rain on the day you’re supposed to be playing a tough course like West Lancs.

Cracking track West Lancs ?? The typhoon like weather will just add to that authentic links experience ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
When you flush one of your new irons and its heading exactly where you were aiming. Then it lands 15 yards short of where you were expecting.

Because I'd pulled the wrong club, ??‍♂️

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pitch marks.

Played at Tandridge today and I was repairing 5-10 of the little buggers on every hole.

Some were shallow but some looked like the ball had to plug or would’ve been no more than 2 foot from the mark

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Pitch marks.

Played at Tandridge today and I was repairing 5-10 of the little buggers on every hole.

Some were shallow but some looked like the ball had to plug or would’ve been no more than 2 foot from the mark
Worth repairing pitch marks just to play Tandridge

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's the end of October. It's been raining all week. Greens are obviously pretty slow. The irritation is.... just how many holes do I need to play to get it through my thick skull that I need to hit putts harder!!! Gaah - so many putts heading for the middle of the cup and pulling up short. :ROFLMAO:

For me, it usually takes about 17 holes.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's the end of October. It's been raining all week. Greens are obviously pretty slow. The irritation is.... just how many holes do I need to play to get it through my thick skull that I need to hit putts harder!!! Gaah - so many putts heading for the middle of the cup and pulling up short. :ROFLMAO:
I feel your pain. Same happened to me today. Even chips were coming up short and not running out to the hole.