Golf Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if manufacturers delay next year's release cycle as they will still be fulfiling orders for this year's releases

I doubt it, they'll probably just keep stacking the orders up whilst taking people's cash.

From order to delivery at current ETA will be 16 weeks over a usual standard of 3-4.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unreliable playing partners.

My main PP is a lovely bloke and brilliant company, but the number of times he pulls out on the day of a game is beyond a joke. Particularly when it's just the 2 of you booked to play.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unreliable playing partners.

My main PP is a lovely bloke and brilliant company, but the number of times he pulls out on the day of a game is beyond a joke. Particularly when it's just the 2 of you booked to play.

I agree this is annoying

I don't mind off round alone ... So isn't overly issue

However if there's a day I'm 50/50 If I can make it I'll make sure there is a 3rd player so if I drop out No1 misses out

NeilV

Visit site
Walked off a course for the first time in my life after 10 holes on Saturday as it was shaping up to be a 5.5 hour round.

Waited pretty much every shot, and on the 8th the group behind drove into us, assuming (I guess) that we were waiting for the green to clear for 250 yard second shots into a par 5 (We weren't, the group in front still hadn't reached the green). Our 3 ball arrived at the par 3 9th to find that there was a 4 ball on the green and 2 other 4 balls waiting to tee off, total of 15 people on the hole. Delayed, apparently, by a wedding photographer taking pictures of the bride and groom in the middle of the 10th fairway.

While I'm stood around at the 9th tee, someone on 10th narrowly avoids removing my jaw with a wild hook, only shouting after the ball had passed me.

Decided I had better things to be doing with my day after another lengthy delay at the 11th tee after which I pulled my drive OB.

All of his was following a 4:50 round on the Friday where our walking 4 ball was held up by a 2 ball in a buggy for 14 holes.

On the lookout for another club now. Anyone here know Canterbury GC?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Walked off a course for the first time in my life after 10 holes on Saturday as it was shaping up to be a 5.5 hour round.

Waited pretty much every shot, and on the 8th the group behind drove into us, assuming (I guess) that we were waiting for the green to clear for 250 yard second shots into a par 5 (We weren't, the group in front still hadn't reached the green). Our 3 ball arrived at the par 3 9th to find that there was a 4 ball on the green and 2 other 4 balls waiting to tee off, total of 15 people on the hole. Delayed, apparently, by a wedding photographer taking pictures of the bride and groom in the middle of the 10th fairway.

While I'm stood around at the 9th tee, someone on 10th narrowly avoids removing my jaw with a wild hook, only shouting after the ball had passed me.

Decided I had better things to be doing with my day after another lengthy delay at the 11th tee after which I pulled my drive OB.

All of his was following a 4:50 round on the Friday where our walking 4 ball was held up by a 2 ball in a buggy for 14 holes.

On the lookout for another club now. Anyone here know Canterbury GC?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That reminds me of a few weeks back, my mate has been having real trouble with his driver - either a huge slice or huge hook. Sees a wedding party doing photos up by the clubhouse about 40 yards left of the 12th fairway and promptly puts his driver back in the bag and gets the 7 iron out. "I don't want to kill the bride on her wedding day.."

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trying to watch the LPGA....having to go,on mute.
Not because of the commentary
Its the constant drone of the bloody aeroplane taking the altitude pictures.....jeez its doing my head in.
If its that loud there id have to leave...

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Trying to watch the LPGA....having to go,on mute.
Not because of the commentary
Its the constant drone of the bloody aeroplane taking the altitude pictures.....jeez its doing my head in.
If its that loud there id have to leave...
You were right, it was the epitome of irritation, but not a problem today as rain has grounded the noisy ..........

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Hit a lovely drive to 26 yards of the side of the green and then walking off with a 9.
Classic, but a bit more than an irritation I think.

I found myself in a green side bunker in two once and came away with an eleven after thinning shot after shot from one bunker into another. I was slightly irritated, the two guys I was playing with wet themselves laughing.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
Matchplay final. Bunker. 60 degree out two bounces, backspin, hole the putt, win the hole.

"Lovely shot - you're great out of bunkers".

Next hole

Bunker on the left. Catch the lip, stay in. Clear the green to bunker on other side of green. Not even close to clearing the lip. Pick up. Your hole. Grrrr.

D

Deleted member 21258

Classic, but a bit more than an irritation I think.

I found myself in a green side bunker in two once and came away with an eleven after thinning shot after shot from one bunker into another. I was slightly irritated, the two guys I was playing with wet themselves laughing.

:ROFLMAO:

Only saving grace, the wife was in the same area in 2, and proceeded to blobbed the hole :ROFLMAO:

10th at saunton, going to have to start playing it differently, keeps costing me shots when doing a card, the little pitch upto the raised green from a tight lie does my head in.:unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Me and my mate have entered a foursomes comp. Draw was made at the start of the month. The only method of contacting people seems to be the 'message group' tool within I.G. though. 10 days later, nobody has answered that, or even seen it as far as I would know. There's no database of emails or phone numbers so I've just emailed the club asking if they can provide. If they expected everyone to use the app then they probably should have told everyone to keep an eye open for messages really??

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Me and my mate have entered a foursomes comp. Draw was made at the start of the month. The only method of contacting people seems to be the 'message group' tool within I.G. though. 10 days later, nobody has answered that, or even seen it as far as I would know. There's no database of emails or phone numbers so I've just emailed the club asking if they can provide. If they expected everyone to use the app then they probably should have told everyone to keep an eye open for messages really??
On our IG website has a directory page which has email and phone numbers, member’s can request to ex-directory.

That being said if I click on the match details in the IG App (IOS) I see phone numbers as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On our IG website has a directory page which has email and phone numbers, member’s can request to ex-directory.

That being said if I click on the match details in the IG App (IOS) I see phone numbers as well.
Ours doesn't seem to have any of that. There's a list of members but all you can see is their handicaps. No contact details. You can send them an IG message and that's it. Our club must be terrified of GDPR or something. ?