Golf Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had an email about extending the competition deadlines, because they cannot compete with in the 2 week window given. I said I was not engaged in the discussion because I would have objected due to commitments made based on the existing schedule.
I am not a happy bunny, it’s play or forfeit. I have busted a gut to stick inside the timing and I have missed major competitions just to make the timings work.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just had an email about extending the competition deadlines, because they cannot compete with in the 2 week window given. I said I was not engaged in the discussion because I would have objected due to commitments made based on the existing schedule.
I am not a happy bunny, it’s play or forfeit. I have busted a gut to stick inside the timing and I have missed major competitions just to make the timings work.

Never extend unless the course is closed. Was comp sec for a number of years. As soon as you start issuing extensions you get everyone and their dog asking for one for “leaves on the line.”

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never extend unless the course is closed. Was comp sec for a number of years. As soon as you start issuing extensions you get everyone and their dog asking for one for “leaves on the line.”
That’s exactly it, for me it’s what you have agreed to when you sign up. It looks like we may have a resolution but I will push the send button on my email to the committee stating that these 2 dates were offered inside the original schedule and if for any reason they cannot make the agreed date, they forfeit the match as it will be outside of the original schedule.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
They issue an extension for someone without asking if the other player is available. Did my head in when I experienced it.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday, popped my drive onto a parallel fairway playing the 14th. General play handicap round and I was on for a cut. About 150 yards away I can see a lady looking at my ball (A yellow prov1x) So I get my groups attention and point at her. She picks it up, looks at the markings and in her bag it goes. Ran over to her back up the fairway and asked if she'd seen my ball (trying to be nice) "ohh yes, was it the yellow one in the middle of the fairway?" I got it back and my group estimated where it was.

But head was gone and I ruined the remaining holes.

WHY WOULD YOU TOUCH ANY BALL THAT ISN'T YOURS!

thebigreason

Visit site
the course local to me has employed a course marshall which is great..........the problem is that they have him working the range collecting balls from 6am-7:30am with tee times starting at 6:45am. A few people turning up late meant that we were stacked up by 7:30am with tee times off every 8mins.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They issue an extension for someone without asking if the other player is available. Did my head in when I experienced it.
That’s exactly it all parties should be in agreement, I was going to ask if I could hand in a couple of cards for the club championship at my leisure.. seeing as I missed that one and could not work it in between getting my hair done ..

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like we may have got the game organised but they want full confirmation the day before. If they pull out, I will be asking for a forfeit though as the other one has entered a competition on the day we are supposed to playing ?‍♂️?‍♂️ And the original final day of the competition.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well I did call this one so not a big surprise, finished one place outside the "prizes" again. Small membership anyway, plus a smaller than usual medal entry with a "ryder cup fun matches" also on during the weekend.
In 2nd, the pro (who can have hcps now) with a gross 64 ? And in first a net 62 from a 19 HI. Not a newbie, just one of them "all goes right" days.
I must try harder ???

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I did call this one so not a big surprise, finished one place outside the "prizes" again. Small membership anyway, plus a smaller than usual medal entry with a "ryder cup fun matches" also on during the weekend.
In 2nd, the pro (who can have hcps now) with a gross 64 ? And in first a net 62 from a 19 HI. Not a newbie, just one of them "all goes right" days.
I must try harder ???
Your getting in the mix, your playing well .. it will happen ??

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like we may have got the game organised but they want full confirmation the day before. If they pull out, I will be asking for a forfeit though as the other one has entered a competition on the day we are supposed to playing ?‍♂️?‍♂️ And the original final day of the competition.[/QUOTE
They came back and said one is off playing elsewhere.. not happy , so I have put my foot down. Bloke needs to prioritise does he want a club title or play away .. we all cannot just run around at the whim of one person

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why, when you're playing reasonably well, does one of your playing partners always cock it up for you by mentioning the fact that you are in with a shout of winning???
Happened yesterday. Playing well, a run of straight pars and the scorecard was looking good. Then came the comment.
This was then followed by a double bogie on the easiest hole on the course, a triple bogie on a fairly straightforward par 4, and a double on our par 4 9th.
That's seven shots dropped in 3 holes.
Back 9 didn't get any better. In fact it got worse.
Driving was impeccable, only missed one fairway. Irons a bit shonky. Chipping okay. Putting like a plank.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Having to play my semi final match today in heavy rain and 50mph wind.

Not really played in rain much this year at all, going to be a waterproofs day.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Why, when you're playing reasonably well, does one of your playing partners always cock it up for you by mentioning the fact that you are in with a shout of winning???
Happened yesterday. Playing well, a run of straight pars and the scorecard was looking good. Then came the comment.
This was then followed by a double bogie on the easiest hole on the course, a triple bogie on a fairly straightforward par 4, and a double on our par 4 9th.
That's seven shots dropped in 3 holes.
Back 9 didn't get any better. In fact it got worse.
Driving was impeccable, only missed one fairway. Irons a bit shonky. Chipping okay. Putting like a plank.

Fairly early to be saying in with a shout after 6 holes isn’t it anyway?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a call to say that my new irons are delayed until mid December now. Shafts that were in stock when I bought them are now out of stock and TM are struggling to get them apparently.

Annoying that stock conditions affect something already bought and paid for after the fact. I get it if it happened if I was humming and hawing about buying them but after?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a call to say that my new irons are delayed until mid December now. Shafts that were in stock when I bought them are now out of stock and TM are struggling to get them apparently.

Annoying that stock conditions affect something already bought and paid for after the fact. I get it if it happened if I was humming and hawing about buying them but after?

It will be interesting to see if manufacturers delay next year's release cycle as they will still be fulfiling orders for this year's releases