Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
View attachment 37792

I'm allowed to wear the ones on the left and I do wear them often. I'm not allowed to wear the Fred Perry's on the right. Its all about the top band apparently.
But if I was allowed to wear my shirt untucked, then no one would know that my shorts are NON-CONFORMING WORKS OF THE DEVIL.
Golf clubs can be extremely irritating, can't they?
I used to park near the gate so it was only a few paces to the road where I could change my shoes off the club's land beyond their jurisdiction. At least they dropped that stupid one.
Someone remind me - it is the 21st century isn't it?
Just received an email from Luffenham Heath. "Socks must cover the ankles when wearing shorts."
What is the matter with these people?
They both look like swim-shorts to me. :ROFLMAO:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Anyone who's ever given a monkeys about what someone else wears on the golf course is the spawn of the devil and should be banned from the golf course.

If you can walk down the street wearing it without getting arrested, and your shoes don't damage the course, then it's fine.

Hello from S o t D. ( tel. 666). ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Anyone who's ever given a monkeys about what someone else wears on the golf course is the spawn of the devil and should be banned from the golf course.

If you can walk down the street wearing it without getting arrested, and your shoes don't damage the course, then it's fine.

Its quite sad in a way. I can't imagine being so small minded and petty that worrying about the length or colour of someone's socks, or whether they had their shirt tucked in would be an issue. And quite what would possess someone to try and reprimand another person about such trivial matters ?‍♂️. I suppose some people have just got to get their little power trip somewhere.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its quite sad in a way. I can't imagine being so small minded and petty that worrying about the length or colour of someone's socks, or whether they had their shirt tucked in would be an issue. And quite what would possess someone to try and reprimand another person about such trivial matters ?‍♂️. I suppose some people have just got to get their little power trip somewhere.
I know we've discussed it infinite times, but the socks thing really gets me. If you dial it back to the core, how can one kind of sock or colour of sock really be any different in people's minds to another one? They're just socks. What really is the difference in wearing white socks, or black socks that match your shoes, or blue socks that match your shorts, or whatever? I don't get it at all. And you're allowed to wear knee-high socks, and if you've ever seen anyone actually wearing those - they look absolutely hilarious! At least with untucked shirts, there is some logic there that you either agree with or disagree with that untucked shirts can be deemed untidy or not as smart. That logic is simply not there with socks.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure that makes sense to you.

Edited to add. Why does my comment make me sound like a member of the traveller community?

And do you know that term is considered by many to be a racist slut these days?
A. I think he was joking this time.
B. Who are you calling a racist slut? :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
A. I think he was joking this time.
B. Who are you calling a racist slut? :ROFLMAO:

A. It was about as funny as the Laughter thread.

B. My spelling must have been so bad, autocorrect decided slut was the best option from the collection of letters I'd used ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I know we've discussed it infinite times, but the socks thing really gets me. If you dial it back to the core, how can one kind of sock or colour of sock really be any different in people's minds to another one? They're just socks. What really is the difference in wearing white socks, or black socks that match your shoes, or blue socks that match your shorts, or whatever? I don't get it at all. And you're allowed to wear knee-high socks, and if you've ever seen anyone actually wearing those - they look absolutely hilarious! At least with untucked shirts, there is some logic there that you either agree with or disagree with that untucked shirts can be deemed untidy or not as smart. That logic is simply not there with socks.

I once told footballer Alan Brazil that he was not allowed in the clubhouse wearing a pair of red knee length socks. I managed to keep a straight face whilst doing it and he looked at me in wonder for about 15 seconds trying to decide if I was being serious or not until my expression cracked.

But you are right....knee length socks with shorts does look stupid. Even more so when they are red. Matched his face mind.

sunshine

Visit site
No ... some ladies shirts/blouses are meant to be worn outside their shorts/skirts. No mans shirt has ever been invented that has been designed to be worn outside. Same as trainer socks for men. Ban them on golf courses.

Don't ever go to Hawaii. Nobody tucks in their shirts there.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a past captain in his 80s who wears white shoes, knee length black socks, multi coloured check shorts, green polo shirt and a red pork pie hat.
He and his wife must be colour blind.

Miller

Visit site
Played with my new driver in the practice net this afternoon after a long time not touching the clubs.

A stupid amount of balls missed the net altogether (two landed in other peoples gardens, one nearly reached the fairway on the golf course next to my garden). The ones that did hit the net we’re wildly inconsistent in terms of carry distance everything between 120 and 180 yards.

Pretty demoralising session really.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Played with my new driver in the practice net this afternoon after a long time not touching the clubs.

A stupid amount of balls missed the net altogether (two landed in other peoples gardens, one nearly reached the fairway on the golf course next to my garden). The ones that did hit the net we’re wildly inconsistent in terms of carry distance everything between 120 and 180 yards.

Pretty demoralising session really.
Think some foam practice balls might be a good shout! At least until you have a bit of consistency.