Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lost another putter headcover at the weekend. I had a spare one in the drawer, but I think I need to order another couple of back-ups now given the rate I lose them at. :cautious:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Lost another putter headcover at the weekend. I had a spare one in the drawer, but I think I need to order another couple of back-ups now given the rate I lose them at. :cautious:

I've not used a putter head cover for years, even though I'm playing with priceless antiques.
I just don't think they're necessary, unless you're one of those guys who almost throws his clubs back into the bag.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not used a putter head cover for years, even though I'm playing with priceless antiques.
I just don't think they're necessary, unless you're one of those guys who almost throws his clubs back into the bag.
I don't know, mine's an Odyssey so it has one of their insert faces, I've heard other people reporting that they get damaged over time. And I've had mine four years so maybe it would have been damaged by now if I didn't use the cover.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Red golf balls :rolleyes: inter club league match on Sunday and one of the opposition guys used one, none of our fourball could see it once it dropped out of the sky, could barely even find it in the first cut, why keep using a red ball (not the same one surprisingly) when no one else in the group could see the flamin thing?!?!?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Red golf balls :rolleyes: inter club league match on Sunday and one of the opposition guys used one, none of our fourball could see it once it dropped out of the sky, could barely even find it in the first cut, why keep using a red ball (not the same one surprisingly) when no one else in the group could see the flamin thing?!?!?
Clearly you have been playing with Fragger......wasted half my life ( at least it seems like it) looking for bloody red balls:mad:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

You could throw a red ball on the tee in front of me and I would struggle to find it. To my usual playing partner it would look like a lit up beacon.

He knows if he uses a red ball he's on his own with finding it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did the experiment tonight went from the white tee then the red…
Score deficit was 7 from the white and 3 from the red. But I think the drive from the red was better but then you don’t worry about the bottle neck or bunkers because you know you going straight over them. From the white you are looking to land in the bottle neck but not too far left or the ball kicks into the gorse and your going to get violated.
The second shot in as 140yards and I dumped it to a foot. From 160 -180 yards in I would not be as close and would be looking for the centre of the green.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After being ill the last week, decided to have a go at hitting a few balls up the Kings range. Must still suffering the effects, was prob 40% down on power and despite being in the shade the sweat was pouring off me. Gave up then and went home.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Someone on another forum said that using low compression balls was the way to go in winter so I bought a dozen Srixon Soft feel lady in pink. Gave up with the idea of pink balls after 4 holes and gave them away. As per red impossible to see in the air, where they landed and extremely difficult to find.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm bloody fuming. Just had this email from the club:

"As you know we are returning to the three tee start this weekend. I have been asked to send out an email explaining how the system works.

Tee off times are between 8.00 am and 9.15 am from the 1st, 8th and 13th tees. There is no play from any tee between 9.30 and 12.30

Before play, all players must report to the Pro Shop to confirm their starting tee. There will be a start sheet in the Pro Shop.

When all of players are ready, one player will write their names in the next available tee slot and then proceed to that tee.

Knockout matches have priority on the first tee all day Saturday and Sunday.

All of this information is on page 6 of the club diary. If you do not have a diary you can collect one from behind the bar.

Play in the afternoon commences from 12.30 and the same procedures apply."

Most weeks my friends and I play at 10:30 or 11-ish. I've just written my complaint straight back to them. As a 7-day member I should be able to play at the time I desire. The booking system has been excellent, and they chuck it in the bin and go to this nonsense system. What an absolute joke.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm bloody fuming. Just had this email from the club:

"As you know we are returning to the three tee start this weekend. I have been asked to send out an email explaining how the system works.

Tee off times are between 8.00 am and 9.15 am from the 1st, 8th and 13th tees. There is no play from any tee between 9.30 and 12.30

Before play, all players must report to the Pro Shop to confirm their starting tee. There will be a start sheet in the Pro Shop.

When all of players are ready, one player will write their names in the next available tee slot and then proceed to that tee.

Knockout matches have priority on the first tee all day Saturday and Sunday.

All of this information is on page 6 of the club diary. If you do not have a diary you can collect one from behind the bar.

Play in the afternoon commences from 12.30 and the same procedures apply."

Most week my friends and I play at 10:30 or 11-ish. I've just written my complaint straight back to them. As a 7-day member I should be able to play at the time I desire. The booking system has been excellent, and they chuck it in the bin and go to this nonsense system. What an absolute joke.

Why are all tees shut for 3 hours at weekends. If you had 8 minute tee times, even with 4 balls, you are going to get less than 40 golfer on the course per tee, so 120 maybe and that is all for the whole morning.

Miller

Visit site
It's not just the weekends though, it looks as though there's a three hour no-play zone every day.

If I read this right. It's like the club just throwing away a third of each playing day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why are all tees shut for 3 hours at weekends. If you had 8 minute tee times, even with 4 balls, you are going to get less than 40 golfer on the course per tee, so 120 maybe and that is all for the whole morning.
I don't know?? We were doing 10 minute intervals on the booking system if that makes a difference. Course is relatively short so even a four-ball shouldn't be taking more than 3:45 to get round. But we just weren't consulted at all, they suddenly lurched back to this rubbish system.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't know?? We were doing 10 minute intervals on the booking system if that makes a difference. Course is relatively short so even a four-ball shouldn't be taking more than 3:45 to get round. But we just weren't consulted at all, they suddenly lurched back to this rubbish system.
It's probably in their Constitution so they have little choice but to revert to a system thats probably been in use for years.
We're much the same although the timings are not as draconian.
Members have already organised themselves and are calling an EGM to discuss and vote on bringing back the booking system full time.
Start gathering support...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's probably in their Constitution so they have little choice but to revert to a system thats probably been in use for years.
We're much the same although the timings are not as draconian.
Members have already organised themselves and are calling an EGM to discuss and vote on bringing back the booking system full time.
Start gathering support...
Initially when they said the tee bookings were going, I wasn't overly pleased but I figured I'd wait and see how it goes. I didn't realise then that they were going to wipe out all the times we usually play. It's so stupid, I've never heard of this before. Since I work Monday to Friday, I don't like having to get up early on a Saturday as well just to get on the course. And 12:30 is passable for the time being, but once we get into winter those times and later will become useless.