Golf Random Irritations

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Maybe I’m missing something in translation but isn’t weight forward during backswing a reverse pivot? Worth looking it up…?

To be more precise, "starting to put the weight forward before......"
Saw that recommended by a YouTube Pro ..as a drill to ensure you did actually move the weight forward.

Views on this...?..?.?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
To be more precise, "starting to put the weight forward before......"
Saw that recommended by a YouTube Pro ..as a drill to ensure you did actually move the weight forward.

Views on this...?..?.?

In ye olde days, when I was learning the game, 45+ years ago the left heel came off the ground on the backswing and was then ‘planted’ on the downswing, triggering the weight transition. We’d be splitting hairs on the semantics but we’re both, basically, saying the same thing.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Looking to book our usual Friday slot only to find a charity day booked in for the whole day. A quick look at the diary shows that there are events, comp's and random groups booked in for the most popular days, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday, for the next two months.
While the most popular comp's are still well-supported, they have had to cancel two due to lack of support, and it looks as if a further two will go the same way. They can't seem to accept that not everyone wants to play in a comp every time they go out.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Captain's Weekend - 4BBB played over both days....
Live leaderboard is running and shows that 47 points is leading with 22 teams to finish today..plus another 40 odd teams tomorrow
Oh well...Still got the NTP to play for:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And thats off 85% handicap...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a lesson yesterday and was trying to hit a draw which instantly resulted in high towering fades!

Also working on a different grip which feels really odd

Hopefully the results will continue at
The range tomorrow

D

Deleted member 15344

Level par today - not even in the top 20 ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Top 10 all over 42 points. 32 HC sat at the top with 48 points ?!?
what’s the point in entering handicap events anymore

D

Deleted member 15344

Have you placed in the top three at all this year?
Most higher handicap players won't have done.
Once - when i went under gross and still didn’t win.

Every comp has been won by a high handicapper so far . Major board comp played as a medal won by a net 64 - gross 97. Well done WHS ??

Great golf not been rewarded

Mandofred

Visit site

Brings me back to how we used to run our rollups. Winner of the day lost anywhere from 1-3 shots off their handicap if they won. 2nd place lost .5 of their handicap. The point was to not to let the same people win all of the time. One year I won 2 of the first 3 weeks.....and freakily won a few other times and was down to 3 I think before they re-set on the new season. There aren't any set rules on rollup comps....you can do whatever you want......

D

Deleted member 15344

Brings me back to how we used to run our rollups. Winner of the day lost anywhere from 1-3 shots off their handicap if they won. 2nd place lost .5 of their handicap. The point was to not to let the same people win all of the time. One year I won 2 of the first 3 weeks.....and freakily won a few other times and was down to 3 I think before they re-set on the new season. There aren't any set rules on rollup comps....you can do whatever you want......

?‍♂️ Sorry not sure that’s any relevant to a club comp

D

Deleted member 15344

Sounds tough, I'd just be over the moon with how well I'd played :D

dont get me wrong - happy with the way I played , but I don’t think it will be long before I join others that are stopping playing comps. Normally doesn’t bother me but the level of HC’s seeing winning comps , I’ll have hit score at least 9 under par to win a club medal

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Well played Phil, great knock. It was our President’s Day today, free entry. Our parkland course is like a links, no rain for a month and many bare patches. repeat no rain in Cumbria. The best score in with 80% submitted is 42. There are 3 categories and the top scores in each cat. are 40, 39 and 40 so realistic scores.I have one of the top places in my cat. but plenty of time left.

Just to make you feel worse you would hve been in the prizes in all probability at our Club, still a great knock

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Its strange...we're not finding many of these huge scores (4bbb excepted).
Just looked back through the comps this year and many have been won with the equivalent of 38-40 points...Still a good knock but nowhere near the 45+ that some clubs are seeing.