Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
54 handicaps!

Played in a corporate scramble last week, we were 10 under par gross, not brilliant, but decent enough, one of the teams that beat us were 4 over gross! Apparently the organiser let everyone without an official handicap play off 54 "because that's the rule" :unsure:
Then your irritation is not with handicaps but with stupid organisers. :LOL:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Have you ever met someone who won "Closest to the pin in 2" and still got a bogey......

Well now you have :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

72 people in the field, many of which made par - not me though :ROFLMAO:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Did the adrenaline rush make you over-hit the birdie putt?

Honestly no.. just sheer bad golf :ROFLMAO: (under-hit massively, over-hit, in)

Was also hammering down at times so just couldnt get a decent run of putts together, speeds just kept changing - my excuse and I'm sticking with it!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Honestly no.. just sheer bad golf :ROFLMAO: (under-hit massively, over-hit, in)

Was also hammering down at times so just couldnt get a decent run of putts together, speeds just kept changing - my excuse and I'm sticking with it!
Don't worry, this is my life nowadays. Literally any green and any putt could turn into a three-putt. Averaging about four of them per round at the moment.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Don't worry, this is my life nowadays. Literally any green and any putt could turn into a three-putt. Averaging about four of them per round at the moment.

Have you ever 3 putted when closest to the pin in 2, out of the whole field though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
54 handicaps!

Played in a corporate scramble last week, we were 10 under par gross, not brilliant, but decent enough, one of the teams that beat us were 4 over gross! Apparently the organiser let everyone without an official handicap play off 54 "because that's the rule" :unsure:
Played in a Bogey/Par comp (individual match play against the course) yesterday. Anyone could enter but max handicap was 18. Now I am not sure whether that was Playing or Course handicap - I am assuming Playing Handicap so that no player got more than 1 shot on any hole.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a Bogey/Par comp (individual match play against the course) yesterday. Anyone could enter but max handicap was 18. Now I am not sure whether that was Playing or Course handicap - I am assuming Playing Handicap so that no player got more than 1 shot on any hole.
I played a 4BBB Open last weekend and the max playing h/c allowed was 24. We had 1 guy who should get 26 but he is ashamed of that so he didn't pull a face :D. I don't blame any club for having some limits.

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have two courses at my club. One long, one short.
What bugs me is the coloured flags denoting the holes position.
The long course uses these accurately every time.
But on the shorter course they've got no idea.
The worst is a par 3 known as the quarry hole and the large green is completely out of sight. You can just about see the top of the flag, and despite having a notice on the tee stating: Flag Positions: Red - Front; Blue - Back; White/Yellow - Middle. The amount of times they get it about face is ridiculous.
It's quite normal for about 6 or so holes on the course to be wrongly flagged.

It's a lovely friendly club so no one wants to complain.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
We have two courses at my club. One long, one short.
What bugs me is the coloured flags denoting the holes position.
The long course uses these accurately every time.
But on the shorter course they've got no idea.
The worst is a par 3 known as the quarry hole and the large green is completely out of sight. You can just about see the top of the flag, and despite having a notice on the tee stating: Flag Positions: Red - Front; Blue - Back; White/Yellow - Middle. The amount of times they get it about face is ridiculous.
It's quite normal for about 6 or so holes on the course to be wrongly flagged.

It's a lovely friendly club so no one wants to complain.
Which club is that? - I used to live in Peterborough many years ago

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Courses that don’t do yardage books because “everyone has a gps watch”. I have a gps watch, but nothing beats a yardage book when playing your first round at a course.