Golf Random Irritations

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good tip
To make (golf) matters worse, I've lost nearly 30kg in that time, so my swing isn't being forced round a gut that just isn't there now, the divot shape/direction was a sight to behold (I think I could even strike the ball against my left leg!) :eek:

Back for more practice tomorrow and Saturday before I tee it up on Sunday
(putting was the only area i was happy with this morning (and the only thing i could practice at home)

Wowsers. That’s an impressive weight loss, most people went the other way! As it happens I gained muscle over lockdown resulting in the necessity for a new driver shaft. I reckon once you get back into it you may have to rethink things, your body has undergone a very significant change so maybe you’ll need to adjust to a new normal ? But hopefully for the better and you’ll notice your stamina improved on the back 9 ??

RichA

Visit site
Went to the driving range at a local course other than my own this morning. "Machine broken collect balls from pro shop" on a sign outside.
I asked for half a basket and was told, "Sorry, we're only doing full baskets. Whatever you don't use, take home with you and use them next time - but don't take the basket away."
I assumed she was joking. She wasn't. I now have 50 range balls rolling around the boot of my car for the next week.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slow group in front

They teed off 0922 we teed off 10:02

Caught them on the 8th

Didn't even look back .. even when we were on greens next to their tee box

Compete lack of awareness

Dingy

Visit site
Went to play Callander today,a nice little course we've played a few times over the years. Got there to discover the clubhouse is closed for renovations and our pre round pint was not going to happen. Not told when we booked so not a pleasant suprise. The greens were rock hard and patchy so pretty disappointing all round.

Visit site
Once again, knocked out of the handicap matchplay competition and feel a bit annoyed.

My handicap is 4, I was giving 6 shots away.

I was level par gross, through 7 holes. 2 down.

+2 through 15, all square.

Kept waiting for the bad one of his and it never came. Would have needed my very best to win.

Last edited:

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hull and Hall turning down the opportunity to represent their country at the Olympics, due to an “exhausting schedule”. It wasn‘t long ago that I was reading about Ladies Golf struggling due to a lack of events.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hull and Hall turning down the opportunity to represent their country at the Olympics, due to an “exhausting schedule”. It wasn‘t long ago that I was reading about Ladies Golf struggling due to a lack of events.
The elite are ok as they can play in the LPGA events. There’s not much I believe for those just below that level.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to the driving range this morning and got stuck next to some knob who had music on through headphones
That’s not an issue but his whistling and singing was

I always end up next to someone vocal as well. Lost count the amount of times I’ve had to pick up my basket and move.

I get abit freaked out by these folk who talk to themselves, and it’s not an uncommon thing to see!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was playing in a four ball in the comp today. There was a single feller playing behind us. I was last to tee off the 6th and the lad was just arriving and asked me if he could go through. I shouted ahead to the other three who were walking down already and said shall we let this guy through, he's just asked and he's on his own anyway. Cue mumbling and grumbling from two of my group - even heard the famous "no standing" from one of them. Other one moaning about people coming and playing on their own in general, which was weird. They agree though and then half jokingly moaned at me when he was close to driving it out of bounds, as if I'd done something wrong for thinking we might as well let him through. Dear me, I can't understand why people have such a problem and would rather ruin someone's day by keeping him waiting. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Faced with a "standard" bunker shot i either thin it, fat it or shank it..
Faced with a bunker shot where the ball is a foot below my feet that are halfway up the face of the bunker and im virtually falling forward and I go and hole it.....
Stupid game...

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I always end up next to someone vocal as well. Lost count the amount of times I’ve had to pick up my basket and move.

I get abit freaked out by these folk who talk to themselves, and it’s not an uncommon thing to see!

It’s the people who have their phones on loud and then answer it that get me.

I know it shouldn’t because it’s just the range, but it does wind me up

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Clubhouse bar and catering shut because a staff member has tested positive for COVID.
This is likely to become a common thing....people either testing positive or being in close contact with a positive..
Establishments will close for a while..
I'm losing a lesson or 2 every week or so due to pupils isolating.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Faced with a "standard" bunker shot i either thin it, fat it or shank it..
Faced with a bunker shot where the ball is a foot below my feet that are halfway up the face of the bunker and im virtually falling forward and I go and hole it.....
Stupid game...

is it really the game thats stupid........... ;)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Putting myself out of contention for the chocolates again with a terrible front 9.

Need to figure this out, maybe I need to start later and hit the range for 20 balls before I play.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
54 handicaps!

Played in a corporate scramble last week, we were 10 under par gross, not brilliant, but decent enough, one of the teams that beat us were 4 over gross! Apparently the organiser let everyone without an official handicap play off 54 "because that's the rule" :unsure: