Golf Random Irritations

D-S

Visit site
[You know what you will get with the coverage, it's not going to change anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I think this encapsulates exactly why there are ‘moans’ about the coverage.

I wait and look forward every year to the tournament, not the coverage.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the love of God, will someone please tell Butch to stop reacting to shots before they've finished! He's about 2 seconds behind the live feed, I'm sick of hearing him get excited about a putt that has already missed!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the love of God, will someone please tell Butch to stop reacting to shots before they've finished! He's about 2 seconds behind the live feed, I'm sick of hearing him get excited about a putt that has already missed!

I think you’ll find, not for the first time, that he’s on some kind of satellite feed which has a about a 2 seconds delay. ;)
I think it's because he's in Las Vegas right now, but I could be wrong.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you’ll find, not for the first time, that he’s on some kind of satellite feed which has a about a 2 seconds delay. ;)
I think it's because he's in Las Vegas right now, but I could be wrong.
Obviously! It was the same at the last Masters. They just need to tell him to keep his mouth shut until he's seen the ball stop moving!

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Putting a sky mark on my 3 year old M4 driver ???

Stupid brain, was driving well, arrived at a hole which needed a good carry and the wind was into and gusting. Put a different swing on it, hit the ground and skied the ball OB. Stuck another ball down, usual swing and made the carry fine.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Losing the swing tempo from the second shot of the day. Kept trying but it was just too much in the end ☹️. Will have to work harder.
On another note there is talk of keeping the booking system- which will kill the roll up/ swindles etc .. which means we stop meeting and making new playing partners

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blasted BRS booking system! Prior to lockdown3 I was dab-hand at getting us a good slot - usually between 8:30 & 9:00. But now, can't seem to get a look in. Only managed to get an11:30 slot today. I mean, that's practically tea time. (It is what it is, but I mourn the loss of my prowess ....)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are not really needles. I park sometimes underca similar tree, and needles they are not. Needles are what I associate with Christmas trees. Pine straw is about 4 inches long, and often paired. It's a pig to get out from under the bonnet surrounds.
They are pine needles (which, depending on the species of pine, can be up to 5 inches long, and could be two-needle, three-needle or five-needle. Meaning the needles sprout in clusters of 2, 3, or 5). Yer Christmas tree is spruce needle which are shorter and fatter and single on the shoot - and not to be confused with fir needles. Many (most?) of the really tall trees at Augusta are Loblolly pine which are a three-needle pine. Herewith ends the arboricultural lecture. You may now stop yawning!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
They are pine needles (which, depending on the species of pine, can be up to 5 inches long, and could be two-needle, three-needle or five-needle. Meaning the needles sprout in clusters of 2, 3, or 5). Yer Christmas tree is spruce needle which are shorter and fatter and single on the shoot - and not to be confused with fir needles. Many (most?) of the really tall trees at Augusta are Loblolly pine which are a three-needle pine. Herewith ends the arboricultural lecture. You may now stop yawning!
pine needles are called pine straw, depends upon what locality you live in, but they are the same. There are several kinds of pine trees, some have softer needles than others. Also, when they are on the trees, they are all called pine needles. Sometimes after they fall, they are called pine straw...

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worked out why was hitting bad irons. I was trapped on my back foot causing the thinning and topping.. need to write a reminder on my glove and look for more level parts of the practice ground ?‍♂️.
I wish I could be agile enough to work this out on the course, I was almost there but the 7 shots dropped in the last 2 holes could have been avoided ..
Just wondering if having no acl’s is an issue as balance is kind of mechanical not natural

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wondering if having no acl’s is an issue as balance is kind of mechanical not natural
It's possible that your subconscious is almost preventing you moving forward & putting weight on your front leg to protect your knee. I have a similar issue with a ruptured pcl in my left knee and the golf pro noted the same thing with me.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's possible that your subconscious is almost preventing you moving forward & putting weight on your front leg to protect your knee. I have a similar issue with a ruptured pcl in my left knee and the golf pro noted the same thing with me.
Yes it could well be but I noted discomfort on my back knee the day after .. fingers crossed subconsciously I put my weight more on my front knee.
The last lesson I had the pro had me doing something to widen my stance and my knee cracked and I explained that narrow was better.
I have been practicing now in the garden and using a mizuno TP18 3 iron.. I figured that would tell me if I was topping it. The answer is yes with painful clarity. I shifted my weight on to my front foot and the strike improved massively