Golf Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The hosel on my Ping G cracked in February. So I bought a Titleist TS2 which I'd tried previously tried and liked. Its a great driver and I hit it well, but it spins too much out in the wild. It carries great but I get no roll, even down wind. Its a particular problem at my course too due to the wind.

So I've got a Sim on the way, with a mid launch mid spin shaft. The flight and spin rate should be better. I should have bought the Sim instead of the Titleist. But the Titleist was over £100 cheaper.
Titleist is a nice driver, I haven’t tried a sim I was tempted but the plan is to try and stash credit in the pro shop

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing with a mate yesterday, who is a bit renowned for being a slow player, his ball was within a yard of the 100 yards plate and the flagstick was clearly in the middle of the green and out comes his laser.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I don't trust those things either. You'd be surprised how often the device will say something different.

All of our 100 yard plates were only put in a few years ago and distances were lasered to ensure accuracy. He is also not a good enough player to be that accurate.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Sure this has been done to death but I constantly irritate myself and anyone around me by, when having been conceded a putt, I still hit/backhand it and generally make a mess of things. If I do one thing this year it will be to just pick my ball up and stop being getting in the way

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sure this has been done to death but I constantly irritate myself and anyone around me by, when having been conceded a putt, I still hit/backhand it and generally make a mess of things. If I do one thing this year it will be to just pick my ball up and stop being getting in the way

Could you not agree that the concession of the putt has not been accepted if that person still goes ahead and putts?
If that person misses ................................. tough, they all count.

D-S

Visit site
Good to see that there are a lot of flowers on the course, if only they would tell us what they are.

Also, I wonder what they call pine needles over there

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good to see that there are a lot of flowers on the course, if only they would tell us what they are.

Also, I wonder what they call pine needles over there

They are not really needles. I park sometimes underca similar tree, and needles they are not. Needles are what I associate with Christmas trees. Pine straw is about 4 inches long, and often paired. It's a pig to get out from under the bonnet surrounds.