Golf Random Irritations

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Met one good handicap secretary. The rest all seem lazy or want some sort of faux social standing within the golf club.

Most probably can’t use a computer and type with one sausage finger.

I think I’ll have to put in for it when it comes up next.

To be fair the ones who post on here seem really good. But then they are using a forum to spread their knowledge and talk to peers about issues.. so their always going to be good ones

Rather than the ones who think they know how it works and don't share information

Id gladly sit on the handicap committee. I have the time to do emails, and I sadly love admin stuff. So would gladly do the boring work for them

Infact I'd do it and let them put their names on it..I really just want to be able to do it how it's suppose to be done.

NearHull

Visit site
To be fair the ones who post on here seem really good. But then they are using a forum to spread their knowledge and talk to peers about issues.. so their always going to be good ones

Rather than the ones who think they know how it works and don't share information

Id gladly sit on the handicap committee. I have the time to do emails, and I sadly love admin stuff. So would gladly do the boring work for them

Infact I'd do it and let them put their names on it..I really just want to be able to do it how it's suppose to be done.
Move up to god’s county and join my club, I’ll welcome you onto our Handicap and Competitions Committee with open arms!

Leftie5.6

Visit site

I’ve stepped down from h/c sec as virtually all the work fell on my shoulders. One new member really helped through last season and is now head of the h/c Comm. The others enjoyed being on the committee, always expressed views and had a laugh but mostly didn’t share the workload.

AliMc

Visit site
The head coming off your TS3 3 wood as you drive on the 17th (ball cleared a burn and went about 190 yards) shaft not broken or splintered, luckily one of the Pro's was on an adjacent hole and has taken it to fix, looks as if it has never been glued in properly, been working fine since new, coming up for 3 years probably ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This new fad, where everyone needs a new shaft and it makes a huge amount of difference.

I bought mine because its yellow.
Bit like every one needs a new driver every year or 2 .. when 5 yrs is probably a more honest time period.
Any way off to buy a new driver now I have the shaft ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why are fairways cut so short they just become a bare lie and the second cut is a better place to be for a great shot?
Oh and why are the mounds shaved so much that the mud is exposed ??? Seriously the amateur gardener knows more about the survival of grass than some of these mower riders!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Any particular reason?
The hosel on my Ping G cracked in February. So I bought a Titleist TS2 which I'd tried previously tried and liked. Its a great driver and I hit it well, but it spins too much out in the wild. It carries great but I get no roll, even down wind. Its a particular problem at my course too due to the wind.

So I've got a Sim on the way, with a mid launch mid spin shaft. The flight and spin rate should be better. I should have bought the Sim instead of the Titleist. But the Titleist was over £100 cheaper.