Golf Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yip a fresh covering of snow this morning :cry:
Nairn is open though on winter greens, we had a fair bit of snow in Inverness on Monday/Tues, its Rained all night here and was expecting the snow to have gone, but still in my Garden and on the road.

Got an Email from the Kings yesterday reminding members the course is closed for Safety reasons, and could members stay off, anyone caught playing will face sanctions... no idea how anyone has played on there, walked over it with the dog yesterday and it was still covered in snow and ice.. the mind boggles

AliMc

Visit site
That's why Nicola kept them open...she watched the weather forecast......not her fault you can't play.
Smart move;)
Our course has only been closed for one day recently, trying to think back, I've been a member for 39 years and I don't think it's been closed for any more than about 6 or 7 days in total over this period, we are very lucky !

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Needing to pay a cheque in so walked to the bank (about a mile away).
The machine read the cheque but wouldn’t accept it for some reason so I’ll need to go to another branch tomorrow

D

Deleted member 25172

The machine read the cheque but wouldn’t accept it for some reason so I’ll need to go to another branch tomorrow

That is indeed the strangest golf irritation I've heard. :sneaky::unsure:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Did you take your clubs with you or is this in the wrong thread..?:unsure:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I knocked it round in level par this afternoon...in my head. I'm sure I could do it for real if I could only get on the course ...darn. Irritating that what's currently 'in ma dreams' must stay there.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
We were open yesterday and today and it was dry (yesterday was lovely) - I went for a walk on the course yesterday afternoon and it was in decent condition, few bits of ice still around and on temp greens (some of the main greens had a fair bit of ice) but weather forecast for next 36 hours is constant rain so it will be a few days before I get my first round of the year - it'll be here soon enough though.
Had a look at our BRS at 7pm (when bookings open) for next Thursday's tee times - quite a few times got snapped up straight away but by no means all of them - just went back on and there are plenty of times left - so I'm going to be taking advantage of our 'flexible working' to head out for my first round in three months this week - weather forecast is decent too :).

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being told in no uncertain terms to get rid of any golf crap I don't need and to tidy the remaining stuff up and out of the way
Make a deal, shoes or clothes that are clogging up space are fair game in all negotiations.
I got brownie points by flogging stuff last summer. Going to get rid of a set and driver this summer, hopefully get back some back on it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Make a deal, shoes or clothes that are clogging up space are fair game in all negotiations.
I got brownie points by flogging stuff last summer. Going to get rid of a set and driver this summer, hopefully get back some back on it.
Every club that isn't in my bag goes on eBay (excluding the 5 & 6 iron that are part of my set). Saves on space and helps pay for the next ones!