Golf Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Make a deal, shoes or clothes that are clogging up space are fair game in all negotiations.
I got brownie points by flogging stuff last summer. Going to get rid of a set and driver this summer, hopefully get back some back on it.

Managed to tidy up the room to HID's satisfaction. Got two large carrier bags full of balls so may go through one (not the better ones and stick them out for sale at a silly price solely to get rid).

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Snow, ice and rain closed our course last week through to Sunday. Just got an email to say it's open again today. Not the clubs fault, just the fortune of weather but damned annoying when I can only play at the weekend. :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Callaway have released the new Epic drivers and every review of them is comparing them to the Mavrik which is not the club they're replacing.
The new Epics replace the Epic Flash line....
A minor detail but irritating

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Callaway have released the new Epic drivers and every review of them is comparing them to the Mavrik which is not the club they're replacing.

They really need to compare them to both Mavrik and Flash.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
To be fair, I am not fussed, as I am not in the market for a new driver, not playing, and when I do get to play, all of my existing clubs will feel like new ones.

sunshine

Visit site
We all laughed at TM when they brought out Rocketballz, but Mavrik and Harpic Flash Sub Zero are equally preposterous.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We all laughed at TM when they brought out Rocketballz, but Mavrik and Harpic Flash Sub Zero are equally preposterous.
Yeah they do come up with some daft names. I tend to prefer the simple numeric ones you can follow. F7, F8, F9. M4, M5, M6. G20, G25, G30 (although Ping buggered it up a bit after that).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry track is the only way to describe some courses. Take Lydd as an example but you need to also add the word goat in front.
I often refer to my home course as my 'track' - without anything derogatory implied whatsoever - it's a great 'track'. Though I do also often refer to my clubs as my 'bats'.

sunshine

Visit site
Yeah they do come up with some daft names. I tend to prefer the simple numeric ones you can follow. F7, F8, F9. M4, M5, M6. G20, G25, G30 (although Ping buggered it up a bit after that).

I agree and I think the same applies with cars. Audi with simple A3, Q5 etc, or BMW with 320 for example just seems no nonsense. Let the quality of the car do the talking, no need for a silly name. But then it says a lot about Nissan and Renault that they spend ages thinking about Quashqai, Twingo, Kangoo etc.

To me, 917F says quality, Epic Rogue Jailbait Sub Zero doesn't.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I agree and I think the same applies with cars. Audi with simple A3, Q5 etc, or BMW with 320 for example just seems no nonsense. Let the quality of the car do the talking, no need for a silly name. But then it says a lot about Nissan and Renault that they spend ages thinking about Quashqai, Twingo, Kangoo etc.

To me, 917F says quality, Epic Rogue Jailbait Sub Zero doesn't.

Fine, but a BMW 320 used to be a 3 series, with a 2 litre engine. The numbers haven't made sense for ages.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Once upon a time for a while in the mid-1980s I swore by Wilson Ultra golf balls :eek: and using them got down into mid single figures H/C. But they were 'stones' were they not - so how could I possibly have done that...surely to get to SF I should have invested in top price Titleists or the 'then day' equivalents.

Though maybe if I had I'd have got to Cat 1 rather than get stuck at 6 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
People on selling pages like FB Marketplace and Gumtree asking for hugely unrealistic prices for golf clubs, bags & balls etc that look like they were dug out of a skip in the 70's

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
HID and her insistence on returning our home to some kind of showroom status - she really is taking early spring cleaning to a new height, I now have to get rid of approx 500 golf balls stored in carrier bags. That will mean probably having to go through and grade them to a degree before I can get them on e-bay. Some I know have never been hit, some barely and look as new and some would struggle to get in my practice bag. Seems like a laborious job but she's insistent they go and if so I want the most cash I can. Just feel the work v the monetary value isn't going to be worth it

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
HID and her insistence on returning our home to some kind of showroom status - she really is taking early spring cleaning to a new height, I now have to get rid of approx 500 golf balls stored in carrier bags. That will mean probably having to go through and grade them to a degree before I can get them on e-bay. Some I know have never been hit, some barely and look as new and some would struggle to get in my practice bag. Seems like a laborious job but she's insistent they go and if so I want the most cash I can. Just feel the work v the monetary value isn't going to be worth it

Why not just return them to the range ???