Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours is 7.00am every day. Fastest finger first but most people get the slots they want.
I have a feeling ours will be around that time as well. 7am Saturday to book for the following Saturday... that's quite annoying as there's zero chance I'll be awake at 7am on a Saturday.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Walking down our 2nd fairway, both me & playing partner were both looking at phones, waiting for the booking sheet to go live so we could book our tee times for next week. (Booking goes live, 9:00, 7 days in advance). We were both watching the countdown for the sheet to go live. He was using the BRS app whereas i was accessing BRS via the club's web site. PP then said "Ok, that's me done - did you get yours?" At which point my system was still showing 1min 50seconds to go before the booking opened ?? Grr...

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Walking down our 2nd fairway, both me & playing partner were both looking at phones, waiting for the booking sheet to go live so we could book our tee times for next week. (Booking goes live, 9:00, 7 days in advance). We were both watching the countdown for the sheet to go live. He was using the BRS app whereas i was accessing BRS via the club's web site. PP then said "Ok, that's me done - did you get yours?" At which point my system was still showing 1min 50seconds to go before the booking opened ?? Grr...
Can't believe they didn't pick a time when it would be dark, imagine encouraging phones on the course ???
Am wondering if the app picks up the phone date & time and whether can be manipulated. Probably not, they probably just want more people to load the app.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
checking my social media and its full of people playing golf while i am self isolating due to my daughters Covid and there is a possibility on another period of self isolation when the results of Mrs D and my tests come back

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
checking my social media and its full of people playing golf while i am self isolating due to my daughters Covid and there is a possibility on another period of self isolation when the results of Mrs D and my tests come back
Sorry Mate...playing 9 every day this week.....(y)(n):whistle:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have a feeling ours will be around that time as well. 7am Saturday to book for the following Saturday... that's quite annoying as there's zero chance I'll be awake at 7am on a Saturday.

Same for everyone though. If you want to book, you need an alarm. That's the way it is at my club too. By 7.02, all the times are gone.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't believe they didn't pick a time when it would be dark, imagine encouraging phones on the course ???
Am wondering if the app picks up the phone date & time and whether can be manipulated. Probably not, they probably just want more people to load the app.
9:00 does seem a bit bizarre but it is what it is . Personally I'd have plumped for an early to mid evening time to go live.
We've not had the system very long but I reckon most of us have just about acquired the knack of making a booking without breaking step ...

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The sleet storm that lasts 2 holes and makes you cold and wet for the rest of the round.