Golf Random Irritations

Mandofred

Visit site
You could consider a 'Rescue putt', especially if close enough to the green that the first bounce is on the green/fringe. Can be a bit fierce with some, so requires practice to get the touch right, but can be better than wedge/iron/putter in certain situations.
I spent a couple of minutes with my hybrid about a week ago....some good results, some bad. Problem is I had to stand really tall to keep the end of the club from sticking me in the gut. I've just been putting off practicing this shot....I've been flicking between using different clubs...and getting better with none. Likely to just settle on 7 iron for chips that I want a fair bit of roll out on, and the 60 for everything else. My next practice might be just dropping the 60 degree onto target in that 10-30yd range.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I spent a couple of minutes with my hybrid about a week ago....some good results, some bad. Problem is I had to stand really tall to keep the end of the club from sticking me in the gut. I've just been putting off practicing this shot....I've been flicking between using different clubs...and getting better with none. Likely to just settle on 7 iron for chips that I want a fair bit of roll out on, and the 60 for everything else. My next practice might be just dropping the 60 degree onto target in that 10-30yd range.

I tried this tip a couple of weeks ago and quirky as it sounds it has definitely improved my chipping. I can now get a chip that, if I want, it will go higher on to the green. Worth a try!

Mandofred

Visit site
I tried this tip a couple of weeks ago and quirky as it sounds it has definitely improved my chipping. I can now get a chip that, if I want, it will go higher on to the green. Worth a try!

Looked at the vid. Nothing I don't already know. The two things I do wrong....1. because of all these videos, I've tried to keep my hands/wrists pretty still in the swing....just doesn't work for me and I've gone back to using a more active hands which has helped a bit. 2. There is a term analysis paralysis that is my biggest issue. I work on soooo many different things that it messes me up. I can hit some pretty decent short chips if just stop trying so blasted hard. If I just relax and take the swing it solves most of the problems....but I try to control things too much. Being "careful" usually dooms all my swings.....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WHS/SG, played two comps at the weekend, no adjustment despite knocking 2 of my best scores off. Got an email from SG this morning to say I'd gone up 0.3 to 2.80??
Same thing happened to me last week.on Friday I was 2.7 and after a 1 over gross which became a counting score I went down to 2.5. On Saturday I had a 3 over gross which also became a counting score but did not beat the bottom counting score that dropped off. Consequently I shot back up to 2.9. PS I know it is calculated on differentials and not the gross score but I can’t be bothered to look them up.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
While all my clubs are lined up against the wall (left them out to dry after Weds), I've just noticed my new 24° hybrid is actually like 2mm shorter than my old 27° hybrid. That's going to bug me forever now! Damnit.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The battery in my laser running out.
Not normally a problem until I remember that someone ,who shall remain nameless, borrowed my spare some 2 weeks ago....
You know who you are!!!:mad:

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
"That's fine" - when you pipe one straight down the middle.
"Oooh I think that's gone." - Yep cheers needed help with that

I also play with a guy who loves to talk about his own game, his own shots, his own rounds - but standing on the tee is usually looking at his phone when others tee off. Nice bloke but super irritating.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
"That's fine" - when you pipe one straight down the middle.
"Oooh I think that's gone." - Yep cheers needed help with that

I also play with a guy who loves to talk about his own game, his own shots, his own rounds - but standing on the tee is usually looking at his phone when others tee off. Nice bloke but super irritating.

Or the other PP's will be talking as you play and you ask them if they saw it and all say no. Because you weren't even looking but you'll expect me to be looking when you hit and when you stick it in the crap.

Bobthesock

Visit site
4:40 rounds becoming the norm In open competitions. Can cope with waiting a couple of times but not every single shot. Gonna have to start avoiding comps that are in 4 balls sadly

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
4:40 rounds becoming the norm In open competitions. Can cope with waiting a couple of times but not every single shot. Gonna have to start avoiding comps that are in 4 balls sadly
That's a shocker, just caddied for 4 yanks in 40mph wind and everything was holed as they were playing for $50 a hole and we were still less than that.

D

Deleted member 3432

This lot were not interested in new courses, just done TOC, Carnoustie, Muirfield and Troon. Ours today then Dornoch. Didn't want to play CS.

Havn't seen any Yanks down our way yet, just plenty of home grown visitors (y)

D

Deleted member 3432

Too far off the beaten track dear boy, you need to stick the green fee up and retarmac the car park?

Two of the three car parks are tarmacced :ROFLMAO:
I prefer the rough one myself :cool:

We keep the green fees down to deter the riff raff ;)

Just too far off the beaten track for southern based journalists....we have members who travel from all over the place, Newcastle, Liverpool and Glasgow for example so fairly central I reckon :p

Bobthesock

Visit site
That's a shocker, just caddied for 4 yanks in 40mph wind and everything was holed as they were playing for $50 a hole and we were still less than that.
Helps having a caddie with them a bit though, when a ball is gone you can say it's gone. We had a guy in front walk all the way back to us due to a lost ball. In a stableford ?