Golf Pride New Decade MultiCompound Grips

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thinking of having these on my new irons, any input from you guys, anyone use them or recommend anything else??

17455kit.jpg

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
Have heard nothing but good things about these grips. No proper experience of them other than they were on a demo wedge I once tried. I was impressed by them - I think Nevada Bob (certainly in aberdeen store) were doing them at about 6 quid a club - fitting incl

I want to get them onto my woods, and if I continue to like them, will do the irons too next spring.

At the moment I have golf pride tour velvet on my 3 wood, some old cord grip on the 5 wood, the god-awful standard TM grip on the driver, and titleist tour velvet (golf pride) on the irons.

The GP Tour Velvet is cheap as chips and does the job for sure.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have recently had my 52 degree wedge fitted with one for more feel. They are quite expensive (£10 from my pro though he did eventually do it for £8). They are really good and feel wonderful in the hand.

One word of warning, they are quite soft so all you dedicated range junkies beware, they will wear much quicker than more convential grips.

As my irons and woods are all preety new the grips are still in good nick and I've started cleaning them every 3-4 weeks so hopefully that will help. Think I might get my SW done though

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good Post! I am getting my grips done next pay day and was thinking of exactly the same ones, the red ones will go awesome with my Di7 irons. I have fallen out of love with my Di7s and hoping to put some spark back into our relationship by tarting them up a bit (grips are also worn down)

I have heard nothing but good things about them, the only hard decision will be what colour.

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Homer,

You say they are quite soft, i generally like a soft grip, as i have quite dry hands, i believe the top is corded? so quite dry? and the bottom softer.

The top is held with a glove anyway so prob doesnt matter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The top is corded and the colour compound is the soft bit. The thing my pro found was it was the bottom of the grip that wore out quite quickly (he hits loads of balls most days so if you are just going to play rounds with them they should last ages). The top bit feels really solid with a leather glove on.

I think they are brilliant and love the red ones. Having said that most of the colours really appeal. All I need is 3-4 sets of irons all with different grips to go with my bag and apparel

T

thecraw

Best grips on the market by a mile.

I have had then put on all my irons, woods and my hybrid.

Cant recommend them highly enough, you will love them, perform brilliantly in wet and dry. Cant go wrong!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
yea if you buy custom fitted mizuno's they will now upgrade your grips to these for free. They are superb grips though, I will get some when my current iron grips wear out but I have only had them about 2 months so hopefully that isn't for a while. I have my woods done though and they are great. The vast majority of tour pros do play them.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I have them on my MX19s and find they are the best grips out there, though you do go through gloves faster the grip is great. Also I got them added for free when I bought my irons from a shop on EBay.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have a red one on my driver! and on my lob wedge,Love them. Although when its cold and my hands crack abit, I find the grip chews my fingers up abit but defo the best grip I have had so far.

Defo getting all my Irons done in blue ones to match the back of my X20's.

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Have them on my irons and really pleased - only slight downside is that the extreme grip can cause 'jams' in the golf bag if you don't have full length dividers.

T

thecraw

Have them on my irons and really pleased - only slight downside is that the extreme grip can cause 'jams' in the golf bag if you don't have full length dividers.

Ohhhhhhhhhh dear!!!

That sounds like a half hearted excuse from somebody whoes looking for an excuse to go and splash some money on a nice new bigger golf bag!!!!!!

Well I say just go and do it, be good to yourself, you know you deserve it. :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
My callaway grips do this anyway ( think I might get a bennington bag) so its not just multi's

Proper Bo Grips I tell thee

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do not hesitate,get them fitted right now.

Have had them on my previous 2 sets of clubs and think they are the mutts nuts.

Only have full cords on these cos the fitter insisted,the minute they wear out multis are going on.