Golf grips recommendation

HPIMG

Visit site
I am Looking for new grips I have the golf pride mmc plus 4 but a few months back added the lamkin cross line to my 3 wedges and do prefer the all rubber grips now. I was going to put the lamkin on the full bag but seen the iomic sticky 2.3 they get good reviews anyone use them ? Or recommend any other full rubber grips ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I am Looking for new grips I have the golf pride mmc plus 4 but a few months back added the lamkin cross line to my 3 wedges and do prefer the all rubber grips now. I was going to put the lamkin on the full bag but seen the iomic sticky 2.3 they get good reviews anyone use them ? Or recommend any other full rubber grips ?

Personally think that if you find a grip you like - roll with it!

Only way to know is to try a grip on one club and if you like it, spread it across the bag!

Its all personal preference really

MACM85

Visit site
Just be cautious changing grip to something new. Large chance it will affect the swing weight of the club which might make it feel very different to what you have before.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally these days I stick with Tour Velvet and not necessarily Golf Pride.

There was a time when I always fitted Tour Wrap full cord and then Winn grips.

HPIMG

Visit site
I ended up ordering the iomic sticky 2.3 seem to get good reviews. When I went into affordable golf yesterday they had the lamkin cross line in stock but don’t sell iomic but guy is shop said they were very good grips and knew a bit about them, said they would fit them if I buy them elsewhere.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I ended up ordering the iomic sticky 2.3 seem to get good reviews. When I went into affordable golf yesterday they had the lamkin cross line in stock but don’t sell iomic but guy is shop said they were very good grips and knew a bit about them, said they would fit them if I buy them elsewhere.
Fit them yourself, easy job.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Obvious start point is the size of your hands. If the grips are too small then you will tend to pull the ball, too large and they will have the opposite effect.

After that, as others have said, personal choice. I use the Golf Pride Multi-compound grips with an extra layer of tape but the latest version goes very hard, very quickly.

Again, as others have said try one and when you find something you like spread it across the bag. Don't do what I did and get an align grip fitted to my driver and then changed the setting. :confused:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Don't forget the club spends more time in the bag than it does in your hand, some grips will catch on the material that makes dividers 'full length' especially on 14 way dividers, so you may want to consider changing the bag to a 2-way set up (pro style) if you get really grippy grips ;)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I use golfpride CPX but used to have the CP2, which are similar, but less grippy in the wet (still good though).
The CP2 were good as they had less taper which meant when you gripped down the club, there wasn't the narrow feeling you get with normal grips.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I use golfpride CPX but used to have the CP2, which are similar, but less grippy in the wet (still good though).
The CP2 were good as they had less taper which meant when you gripped down the club, there wasn't the narrow feeling you get with normal grips.
you have jeremy beadle hands so don't count 🤣

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I have them they are brilliant.
There not rubber as we know it though I think there silicone.
This dosnt hold water on the surface and they are very good in the rain.

Had mine over a year and a monthly dish soap wash there still like new.