Golf Opens

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
i am down for about 4 this year. I think any up to the middle to end of May are doubtful, after that I am more hopeful. That hope may be be misplaced of course

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have two booked for May that I'm concerned will now not go ahead based on the Scottish government advice.

Will see what is what nearer the time.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've booked a couple. 36 holer at Conwy in May and a 4BBB Open at Accrington in April (I think). I suspect there's little to no chance of either happening now....

Swango1980

Visit site
Bridlington Golf Festival, 3 events, in earlyish May, then captains away weekend about a week later.

No idea what will happen. On one hand, I'd imagine golf clubs and hotels would be desperate for business in these times, and so rather try and follow sensible guidelines, than simply shut completely? Albeit, pubs might well be shut if we want a night out.

However, it is a very realistic possibility that the Government will tell us at some point that we MUST stay indoors, unless it is essential we go out. If so, all golf would be off anyway.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
I should have been at Bolton Old Links today but we pulled out on Tuesday when there were only a dozen entrants and we comprised eight of them.

Believe Accrington Seniors open is still taking place today.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are in the middle of discussing whether or not to cancel our first one of the year due to be played in May.

I think we will be reviewing on a month to month basis.

Biggest thing for us we have no catering due to covid19 and most of our Opens include a meal.

One of the reasons being considered for cancelling is 'unnecessary travel'

We have already cancelled all our society bookings for the near future.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
One on 26/04/2020 : Minchinhampton then
02/05/2020 Chipping Sodbury
12/06/2020 Stinchcombe
29/07/2020 Cotswold Edge
04/08/2020 Minchinhampton

Who knows how many I'll actually end up playing in :(

D

Deleted member 23270

I have one on Sunday, at the moment it is still on although we are not planning to stay afterwards for the meal.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have entered 20 Opens from April through to October, a mix of Individual, 4BBB and Team events, some Mixed. None cancelled yet.
I know folk playing in the Bideford Bay foursomes which must be one of the biggest events, it's still going ahead.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Playing Little Aston on Monday, a rearranged Open comp moved from Hollinwell, who can no longer accommodate us, there’s No food or bar open, changing rooms open & toilets only, but it’s a knock & comp, so will do for me?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ATM we've booked and paid for 5 senior opens ranging from April to August, all now doubtful :cry:
Bill....Just as a matter of interest..which ones are you going to..take it that they're all pretty local and with handicapping groups??
Couple of our guys going down to play in the Kilmarnock Barassie Open which is always a great day with great catering/prizes but don't know if going to be able to tee off as yet...think it's end July?
Jimbo

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bill....Just as a matter of interest..which ones are you going to..take it that they're all pretty local and with handicapping groups??
Couple of our guys going down to play in the Kilmarnock Barassie Open which is always a great day with great catering/prizes but don't know if going to be able to tee off as yet...think it's end July?
Jimbo
Just noticed we've actually booked 6 seniors comps.
Ladybank April 12th
Bonnyton April 22nd
Strathaven June 26th
Auchterarder July 16th
Lanark August 4 th
Gleneagles Queens Sept 28th.

We've also booked an overnight at the Argyll Arms Hotel in Campbelltown, in hope of getting a tee time for the Machrihanish GC seniors open on August 12th then the Dunes on the 13th or the maybe other wee nearby course the Dunaverty :confused: ,
But all in doubt :cry::unsure::poop: