Golf on TV

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Iv decided to get a different Internet and TV provider and its actually 35 euro a month cheaper than what i currently have......
I normally watch the Golf on the streaming sites but im now thinking of maybe getting the sports package.....

Now here is what confuses me and it always did....
Sky used to air the golf on 1 and 2 and then the Saturday and Sunday rounds they would switch to 3 and 4.....
Obviously people were caught and ended up paying double to watch all 4 rounds.... A win,win for sky.....

But my new providers TV Package is set like this..... For 29 euro a month extra i get Sky Sports 1 and 2....

But for only 16 euro a month extra i can get BT 1 and 2, Setanta Sports and also ESPN......

Which is the better golf package?
Have Sky done away with 3 and 4?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nope. I'm watching the golf on Sky Sports 4 HD right now.

Sky usually put the golf on ss4. Well, they have over the winter another thinks like cricket, football and egg chasing take up them headline channels ss1 and 2.

As for which package is better. No idea pal.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got Virgin. Got my TV internet and phone in one bundle for £65 all in (for first 6 months but hope to negotiate after that). Get my Sky Sports channels so happy camper. Better picture and don't lose the signal in heavy rain or thunder storms so a bonus at the moment.

D

Deleted member 15344

The only problem is the majors and WGC and Ryder Cup get moved to SS2.

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ss4 is dedicated to golf, I am led to believe the only time this will change is for the Ryder cup.

As for which is the best package sky have the majority of rights, so they must stand out.?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
So in effect id need Sky Sports 1,2,3,4 to cover every round of every competition........ :angry:

Things havent changed so..... Might as well just keep watching it over the internet so....

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Iv decided to get a different Internet and TV provider and its actually 35 euro a month cheaper than what i currently have......
I normally watch the Golf on the streaming sites but im now thinking of maybe getting the sports package.....

Now here is what confuses me and it always did....
Sky used to air the golf on 1 and 2 and then the Saturday and Sunday rounds they would switch to 3 and 4.....
Obviously people were caught and ended up paying double to watch all 4 rounds.... A win,win for sky.....

But my new providers TV Package is set like this..... For 29 euro a month extra i get Sky Sports 1 and 2....

But for only 16 euro a month extra i can get BT 1 and 2, Setanta Sports and also ESPN......

Which is the better golf package?
Have Sky done away with 3 and 4?

Kid, all (certainly over 95%) the PGA and European events have been on SS4 since last summer if memory serves me right.

As LP rightly points out, they'll move the majors to either SS1 or SS2.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh my.

Did you bother reading the OP?

Yep.......he has a problem as his dodgy Sky package. which would appear to not include SS3 and SS4 but you have to read between the lines to get that.

The other fellow was going on about SS2.

Effectively, just get Sky and the Sports Package and be done with it......

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
I refuse to pay these providers endless amounts of money to watch only 4 channels I want.... Thus have purchased an android tv box, with xbmc and stream with no problems.

£60 for the box one off payment. £60 a month for 4 channels. No brainer really.... Means extra cash for lessons ;-)

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep.......he has a problem as his dodgy Sky package. which would appear to not include SS3 and SS4 but you have to read between the lines to get that.

The other fellow was going on about SS2.

Effectively, just get Sky and the Sports Package and be done with it......

Which, if I'm not mistaken, was what LP was alluding too?

NB. Sports package being 1,2,3,4.

NB x 2. I'm defending LP!

bobbyk_syorks

Visit site
Golf is generally good on Sky apart from the majority of times there is a distinct lack of golf being shown - sometimes about 6 actual shots from 1 ad break to the other but that is the fault of the US networks that Sky piggy back off but it is very frustrating.