Golf on TV (paying for it)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Using IPTV is like driving at 33mph in a 30 zone, you're stealing time over the people that are driving at the speed limit - if people want to pay for Sky, or drive at 30 - I applaud them, but if a few people want to take advantage of some pretty loose control of the TV broadcasts / speed limits - then I'm not gonna get upset about it.

D

Deleted member 31467

You can’t really include iptv or any similar because it will be illegal to stream within the UK
I think it is fair to include IPTV because it is readily available and a much cheaper alternative than SKY. OK you lose the fancy bits like pause/rewind etc but it still provides a perfectly watchable alternative and will continue to broadcast. People will get round it with a VPN. It's a bit like pirate radio, very difficult to stop.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I think it is fair to include IPTV because it is readily available and a much cheaper alternative than SKY. OK you lose the fancy bits like pause/rewind etc but it still provides a perfectly watchable alternative and will continue to broadcast. People will get round it with a VPN. It's a bit like pirate radio, very difficult to stop.

It's totally unlike pirate radio. That was illegal broadcasts that were fully funded by advertising. IPTV etc is stealing legal broadcasts that other people for by subscriptions. It's theft by the people watching it for free. Or whatever fee they pay to the dodgy bloke that programs their Firestick.

D

Deleted member 31467

It's totally unlike pirate radio. That was illegal broadcasts that were fully funded by advertising. IPTV etc is stealing legal broadcasts that other people for by subscriptions. It's theft by the people watching it for free. Or whatever fee they pay to the dodgy bloke that programs their Firestick.
I wasn't talking about the legality of it, I was talking about the fact it is available and difficult to stop.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The thing with Motd it provides highlights to a lot of games that aren’t broadcast pull for viewers.

It is not that they are not broadcast it is that they are now broadcast on so many different subscription channels* with each one just taking a few games

*Sky, Amazon, BT,

MOTD is the only way to watch them all without taking out multiple subscriptions which out the reach of pockets of many or not worth the money.

sunshine

Visit site
Using IPTV is like driving at 33mph in a 30 zone, you're stealing time over the people that are driving at the speed limit - if people want to pay for Sky, or drive at 30 - I applaud them, but if a few people want to take advantage of some pretty loose control of the TV broadcasts / speed limits - then I'm not gonna get upset about it.

No it’s nothing like driving at 33mph. It’s theft.

You may feel it’s ok to steal from big corporations like sky. It’s the equivalent of shoplifting from Sainsbury’s.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Not at all, you have a show that is costing tens of millions of dollars to produce per episode, you need to recoupe that and make some on top. can you imagine how bad shows like Game of Thrones would be if it was made with Doctor Who level effects.

To put forward an analogy, it is like claiming that every golf course should charge the same as your local municipal so as everyone can gain access. Both are methods of entertainment and so why should some people be allowed to pay more and seek a better experience, we should all be able to pay the same amount each year to access any course.

Having never seen any Game Of Thrones nor any Doctor Who after Chris Ecclestone, I'll take your word for it.
Your second paragraph, I really like - the idea of same price green fees at any course - brilliant.
Of course, this is not an achievable goal.
But if we could move just slightly in that direction rather than the direction we have been going in recent years, then I do think that would be a good thing.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

You may feel it’s ok to steal from big corporations like sky. It’s the equivalent of shoplifting from Sainsbury’s.

Supermarkets factor losses due to theft into their prices. If people didn’t shoplift the supermarkets would be technically stealing from their customers. (y)(y)

D

Deleted member 31467

IPTV streaming is perfectly legal as long as the provider is paying the host broadcaster. The grey area is that it's unclear which ones do and which ones stream illegally. I use CCCAMBOX who appear to be legit.

D

Deleted member 15344

IPTV streaming is perfectly legal as long as the provider is paying the host broadcaster. The grey area is that it's unclear which ones do and which ones stream illegally. I use CCCAMBOX who appear to be legit.

What streams on IPTV do you pay the host broadcaster- certainly not any sports.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't, I pay CCCAMBOX who pay the host broadcaster.

That’s still illegal in the Uk - you are not paying the host broadcaster in the UK to watch the sport.

For you to watch sport in the UK you must pay the authorised host broadcaster - Sky ,BT Sport , Amazon , DaZN , ITV , BBC

D

Deleted member 31467

The rules are pretty clear and everyone knows that it’s illegal and over the years to come the ISP’s will be told to do more.

You know it’s illegal but it’s your choice at the end of the day.
Yes it is my choice and I don't need you butting in (y)

If it is illegal why hasn't it been shut down?

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes it is my choice and I don't need you butting in (y)

If it is illegal why hasn't it been shut down?

It’s a discussion about broadcasting in the Uk and you brought in an illegal method into the discussion just because it’s “available” - you can still buy illegal drivers and wedges , maybe we can use them during comps then as it’s “available”

And streams get shut down daily all over the world from people broadcasting streams breaking copyright content

D

Deleted member 31467

Just because someone isnt preventing you from doing something doesnt mean its legal.
Very true so why hasn't a webservice that has been running since 2010 been shut down if it is illegal.

D

Deleted member 31467

It’s a discussion about broadcasting in the Uk and you brought in an illegal method into the discussion just because it’s “available” - you can still buy illegal drivers and wedges , maybe we can use them during comps then as it’s “available”

And streams get shut down daily all over the world from people broadcasting streams breaking copyright content
Even by your standards that is a truly appalling analogy.

As above, if it is illegal how come it's been active since 2010?