Golf Monthly Top 100 No. 1....... Turnberry March 2018

• Thread starter Deleted member 17920
  • Start date

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasnt mad on it, but maybe in more playable conditions, may agree.

If I was 50 miles away from Lanark or Southerness, Lanark would win every time, though.

It was a horrible day when we played it mate,on that day alone I would've been underwhelmed ..I've played it on a nice summers day also though when the gorse was out and it was stunning, I still think its massively underrated
maybe due to the location. Its definataly worth another trip :thup:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Any other southern softies planning on flying up from Heathrow to Glasgow and then looking for games slightly further North than Southerness? Lanark would work actually, or maybe Western Gailes, Dundonald, etc, which were mentioned a long time ago in the thread? BA are quoting me just £143 at the moment to fly up Thursday afternoon and then home late Monday afternoon, including hire of an Astra size car for the full trip. And they allow you to have your clubs as the main bag, so no extras. Bargain for someone like me who lives 60 minutes from Heathrow.

Thinking to travel Thursday afternoon, game Friday, main event Sat-Sun, another game Monday morning, then home?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Any other southern softies planning on flying up from Heathrow to Glasgow and then looking for games slightly further North than Southerness? Lanark would work actually, or maybe Western Gailes, Dundonald, etc, which were mentioned a long time ago in the thread? BA are quoting me just £143 at the moment to fly up Thursday afternoon and then home late Monday afternoon, including hire of an Astra size car for the full trip. And they allow you to have your clubs as the main bag, so no extras. Bargain for someone like me who lives 60 minutes from Heathrow.

Thinking to travel Thursday afternoon, game Friday, main event Sat-Sun, another game Monday morning, then home?

Without giving anything away, Glyn is talking to some prestigious clubs at the moment to see if we can put something else around it at the moment. No promises yet, but personally I'd hold fire for a week or two on booking any transport, as if he gets one of the ones he's trying to get, I dont think you would want to miss out. It could be the Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday, or even just one of the days.

Negotiations are very early, so still dont get your hopes up, either.:thup:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Without giving anything away, Glyn is talking to some prestigious clubs at the moment to see if we can put something else around it at the moment. No promises yet, but personally I'd hold fire for a week or two on booking any transport, as if he gets one of the ones he's trying to get, I dont think you would want to miss out. It could be the Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday, or even just one of the days.

Negotiations are very early, so still dont get your hopes up, either.:thup:

Not in any rush, I know from the Aberdeen trip that those flight prices will hold for at least the next couple of months :)

Still interested to know if anyone else is taking the same route though?

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not in any rush, I know from the Aberdeen trip that those flight prices will hold for at least the next couple of months :)

Still interested to know if anyone else is taking the same route though?

I probably will Ben. Lets speak once theres more info as above.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Was going to drive & maybe car share on the way up. Looked at Ryanair out of Stansted. Currently £45 + Golf Clubs (£70). BA deal from Heathrow looks better. If anyone north of Stansted/Cambridge is looking to car share I think I'll still drive up, leaving Thurs pm or early Friday. Return journey depends on weather who's up for some fun & frolics around Ayrshire or further south on way home. Can't wait...:clap:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No..Stu - what about my cultural trip to Liverpool on the Thursday! :D:eek:

Ahhh tough... Thursday's in Liverpool been culture-free for years🤣
Why not Head up the East side to our off-centre of Culture in 'Ull & then pop over to Leeds to visit the well attended culture-free Elland Rd 😳
If that's not enough, it's only an hour to Teeside 😆..... what you mean, 'you've decided to fly'